Holosun 509T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks,

It’s more about how my eyes and contact lens react than anything. I have an astigmatism which impacts what visualize. It is worse with my RMRs, and my Eotech. Less of an issue with my AimPoint PRO and the 507C. I run the red 507C. I recently got a green 507C and it is far worse with green than red. [emoji2371] I’m trying to avoid that mistake again.

I like how low JagerWerks is able to cut one on a Glock or I probably would just stick with a 507C.

View attachment 192314
View attachment 192315

I'm right there with you. Mine is really bad. I'm using Scleral lenses and it helps, but the lenses are not working for me. I'm going back to soft lenses and it sucks with dots.

I've found the RMR is the worst, but the Holosun is much better. Sig's Romeo is the best out of everything in terms of seeing a real dot and not a starburst. What helps me is the smaller MOA the dot, the less burst I see. Juice is still worth the squeeze though.

Ya, I seen that on their IG page. They were really able to get that sucker to sit low. You could probably get a set of Trijicon HD night sights to co-witness with it and not have to tall/suppressor height.

Meadhall Range

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my take on the "I want it to sit as low as possible". Yes lower is better, however getting an optic direct milled that low means you are kind of locked into that optic/footprint for that slide. I'll take a slightly higher height over bore with a plate system like C&H that allows me to maybe change to a different footprint via a plate if I can. That opens up options for me and allows me to keep being able to change to newer tech instead of having to buy a new slide. Cost of new plate+new optic < new slide+new milling+new optic

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks,

It’s more about how my eyes and contact lens react than anything. I have an astigmatism which impacts what visualize. It is worse with my RMRs, and my Eotech. Less of an issue with my AimPoint PRO and the 507C. I run the red 507C. I recently got a green 507C and it is far worse with green than red. [emoji2371] I’m trying to avoid that mistake again.

I like how low JagerWerks is able to cut one on a Glock or I probably would just stick with a 507C.

View attachment 192314
View attachment 192315

I know you've said this, but big difference in the cut on the jagerwerks.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you've said this, but big difference in the cut on the jagerwerks.

Both of those are JagerWerks cut slides. The difference is in the mounting method of the two optics allows the 509T to go so much lower.

The 507C is typical (RMR pattern) with posts and bolts going down vertically into it. The 509T is more of a rail type cut (like the Aimpoint ACRO) that the optic clamps to.

Getting it this low allows a lower 1/3 co-witness with the standard height Dawson rear sights that I already run.

IMG_6134.jpg

IMG_6135.jpg

IMG_6136.jpg

You can see the 509T cut better with this adapter plate.

IMG_6137.jpg

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes they are chinese. They aren't crap though. Hey I would much prefer to have an American product myself but we haven't seen that from an American company yet unfortunately.

Agreed. I had issues with my 1st Gen RMR although not the 2nd Gen. I’ve been running the 507C for 2 years without a problem.

But I get it. If you told me 2 years ago I would consider a Chinese manufactured optic on a carry gun, I would have laughed at you.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my take on the "I want it to sit as low as possible". Yes lower is better, however getting an optic direct milled that low means you are kind of locked into that optic/footprint for that slide. I'll take a slightly higher height over bore with a plate system like C&H that allows me to maybe change to a different footprint via a plate if I can. That opens up options for me and allows me to keep being able to change to newer tech instead of having to buy a new slide. Cost of new plate+new optic < new slide+new milling+new optic

Totally understand. But, I’m willing to risk it with a Glock slide right now if my vision issues work with the optic.

Although the ACRO and 509T are similar, these two slide cuts are not compatible. So I will be locked into that optic unless an adapter of some type later becomes available.

Last edited: