Holster for a 17/34 with light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems slim pickings on a holster for a 34/17 with a light, for CCW, anyone have any info on such?
I've did a little searching and can't find much.
Thanks

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Safariland makes one, Raven, Blade Tech, Comp Tac, etc.

If true concealment i.e. not under a winter coat is the issue, I would go with the Raven if you want an OWB.

If you don't mind IWB, then any of the custom kydex makes will do one for you. I personally don't care for IWB with a light and if I feel I need a weaponlight on the gun for a task, I go OWB.

If you use a DG switch (and we all should), be sure to tell the maker before you order it.

Michael Brown

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another pending option is an outfit called Secret City Weaponeers (named after the Oak Ridge TN nuke facility dubbed the "Secret City"). They're supposed to be coming out with a 3 o'clock IWB with light called the Y-12 that can be converted to an OWB with the addition of two extra loops. It will closely resemble the Raven OWB and looks pretty promising.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=67563

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/secret-city-weaponeers/49914-secret-city-weaponeers.html

I agree. They seem like a more customer service friendly RCS.

However I haven't seen a comprehensive review on one yet. Just some snippets from people I don't know or trust.

If I see one in a course I'll post about it.

Michael Brown

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems slim pickings on a holster for a 34/17 with a light, for CCW, anyone have any info on such?
I've did a little searching and can't find much.
Thanks

Gee I wonder why? Do you have a long light? short light? fat light? thin light?
square light ? round light? light with mount seperate? integral mount?
Just too too many variables.

If you read most company websites real good. several say they do it on a custom basis if you send them the dimensions of the light/laser.

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry my G22 with TRL-1s in a Safariland 5188 paddle holster. kinda basically looks like the bottom half of a 6280 ( I think that's the number) which is the same hoslter that I carry on duty. Same draw but no strap/hood to move out of the way. Kinda big for some people but I'm about 6'2 and at 270's... Unless it's a tighter t-shirt, I can usually pull of the the 5188/weapon combo without much effort.

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something like this?
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v726_abinok_gun_20stuff_IMG_2224.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v726_abinok_gun_20stuff_IMG_2221.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v726_abinok_gun_20stuff_IMG_2044.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom