Home security cameras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just found out about Ring Front door video camera

Ring Video Doorbell for Your Smartphone | Ring
https://ring.com/
Connects to your Wi-Fi network and works with iOS and Android devices. ... is on your property and letting you see and speak with anyone at your front door. ... triggers an alert via the Ring® app and activates the night vision HD camera.
Ring Video Doorbell - ‎How it Works - ‎Chime - ‎Cloud Video Recording

I have that and a 2 of their separate motion cameras. They work ok. Not nearly the quality of my wired cameras though.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So last night this got kinda relevant to me. I knew it was going to at some point. Long story short, somebody tried to steal a car. I'm fairly certain it's one of the drug dealer's that lives a few houses down "clients".

So how does this system stack up vs. the build your own setups mentioned? I can go either way, but want decent quality.
http://www.amazon.com/GW-Security-V...I399EYOON3QIYW&psc=1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read something the other day that said the most important thing to consider on security is how the camera's work at night. With the IR, the resolution goes way down, but there are some camera's that can overcome that.
Some of the experts here might know.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a nest cam and expect to get it tomorrow. I have a buddy who has 2 of them for monitoring his dogs when he's away as well as making sure the dog service comes twice a day when hes out of town to feed and walk his dogs. I think this will be useful for security also as it notifies you of movement if you set it up that way and you can use a mic to talk to someone inside the house.
http://www.amazon.com/Nest-NC1102ES...00WBJGUA2/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So last night this got kinda relevant to me. I knew it was going to at some point. Long story short, somebody tried to steal a car. I'm fairly certain it's one of the drug dealer's that lives a few houses down "clients".

So how does this system stack up vs. the build your own setups mentioned? I can go either way, but want decent quality.
http://www.amazon.com/GW-Security-V...I399EYOON3QIYW&psc=1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl

I don't see a problem with that set up.
I got mine today and have been playing around with camera placement. Im gonna need at least one more camera. I got 4 to start with.
Keep in mind that that DVR (or what ever you call the recorder) has 6 channels so than means you can get 6 cameras hooked to it. Be sure that will suit your needs. Thats all i got for now

pics once its up

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with that set up.
I got mine today and have been playing around with camera placement. Im gonna need at least one more camera. I got 4 to start with.
Keep in mind that that DVR (or what ever you call the recorder) has 6 channels so than means you can get 6 cameras hooked to it. Be sure that will suit your needs. Thats all i got for now

pics once its up

Yea, that's one of the reasons it caught my eye. I can put a couple more on it if I want to.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We spent sunday putting the cameras up. I am very happy with this setup. Here is a pic from one camera

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 11.59.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 11.59.14 AM.png
    574.9 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom