Homemade stone mill idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
seems like for a few dollars and a little bit of time a guy could make one of those out of quick crete. Althou this is pretty intriguing also.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... I kinda like that streak! I am thinking about mixing my own feed for the chickens and rabbits. (This is what happens when you grow up with a dad who's OCD about his critters ... Guess it's rubbed off on me ...) THAT DIY thing would be just the ticket I think ... Especially if I could adjust the grind to make it really, really coarse ...

I need to add this to my "let's do a little more research and see what we can figure out" list ... :naughty: (GC ain't gonna be happy with you! :D)

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, EdmondMember ... Did you do this? How'd it turn out?

I'm still waiting for inspiration. I did drive past the granite place the other day, but was in a hurry and didn't stop. They should let me take anything I want from their scrap pile for free, but depending on who I talk to, they may want to sell it to me. And, I'm just not crazy about putting much money into this goofy idea.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now this is a grinder! This is so cool.

I've been thinking about the same thing. I want to go to whole grain pasta and make it myself. So much better for you and I don't really trust what you buy in the store, except for the organic stuff and it's crazy $$.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okie Doke. The project is moving forward. I acquired a stack of marble tile that, when epoxied together, should make a nice pair of stone wheels. I've also ordered a set of diamond hole saws and a diamond saw blade. When my cutting tools arrive, we'll just see if I can turn square stone into round stone. Stay tuned.

(If you hear nothing else about this project, assume that I managed to shatter all my tile and just walked away.)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... very cool, EM ... I think it is neat what you are doing (or attempting to do). I'm not mechanical ... AT ALL ... (But that's one of the many and varied reasons I married dear old GC! :naughty:)

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's cool, rmark.

I'm making a little progress on my quern millstone project and it looks workable. I've been testing potential stones. So far, I've tested marble, granite and limestone. Limestone did very well and I've read that limestone is used in various parts of the world for this purpose. So, I've ordered a box of limestone tiles and they should be in soon. In my tests, I was able to cut and shape my test limestone and even bored a pretty hole in one with my diamond hole saw. Oh, and I ordered some #10 cans of red and white wheat berries too. As soon as my tiles arrive (and we get some warmth), I'll be able to make some real progress.

Latest posts

Top Bottom