House plants and such

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuidskout

Marksman
Reaction score
Having more space since moving back to Oklahoma has afforded me the ability to get more house plants.

Anyone have any particularly cool ones they suggest? Any suggestions on stuff that gets big with proper care?

I’ve currently got a 6ish foot tall banana tree that I could use pointers on if anyone is in the know (see photo below)

Anyone trade cuttings? I’ve got two Adenium Arabicum (I think arabicum) and a cool marbled pathos I’m going to do cuttings off eventually.

General thread for houseplants I guess! Post pics of what you got.

Attachments

• IMG_6797.jpeg
    IMG_6797.jpeg
    4.6 MB
  • IMG_6883.jpeg
    IMG_6883.jpeg
    3 MB

Zuidskout

Marksman
Reaction score
Having more space since moving back to Oklahoma has afforded me the ability to get more house plants.

Anyone have any particularly cool ones they suggest? Any suggestions on stuff that gets big with proper care?

I’ve currently got a 6ish foot tall banana tree that I could use pointers on if anyone is in the know (see photo below)

Anyone trade cuttings? I’ve got two Adenium Arabicum (I think arabicum) and a cool marbled pathos I’m going to do cuttings off eventually.

General thread for houseplants I guess! Post pics of what you got.
Please pay no attention to the dead Bonsai, it did not make the move sadly.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife, God bless her, does not have a green thumb. She does give it the old college try though. She will pick up new plants every so often, but five months later she is dumping them and buying new ones. I've been wanting to get some orchids, but I can't. Every time she would walk into the house you would be able to see her jealousy on her face.

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a buttload of houseplants -- but it is probably a quarter of the jungle I had even a month ago. My bad ... I kinda had my hands full and didn't stick to my watering routine. Oh well ...

I've been toying with getting rid of the rest of them except for a couple that are my favs. 🤔🤔 I acquired more cats thru the CDS recently and have my hands full with animals now ...

Zuidskout

Marksman
Reaction score
I have a buttload of houseplants -- but it is probably a quarter of the jungle I had even a month ago. My bad ... I kinda had my hands full and didn't stick to my watering routine. Oh well ...

I've been toying with getting rid of the rest of them except for a couple that are my favs. 🤔🤔 I acquired more cats thru the CDS recently and have my hands full with animals now ...
Keep me in the loop! Maybe we could provide some with a good home! Good on you taking care of the cats.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
My wife and I were just discussing house plants over breakfast today. I commented that the house plant her niece gave her was wilting. She's not into house plants nor ther care and feeding. This topic reminded me of my Mom's passion for African Violets. She had many of them in small pots indoors on a multi shelfed stand. Well she needed another stand and sent Dad and I out to find one. We never went stand shopping but he did stop at the local Oldmobile dealer and bought a new Vista Cruiser. When we got home he said "look honey I bought you a greenhouse".

Latest posts

Top Bottom