Houston, TX: Former firefighter shoots, kills home invader

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad he & his family are safe! However, if the firefighter followed the escaped robber outside the home & fired as the Bad Guy fled.. he was definitely in a Grey area of legality. If he had fired outside the home when originally confronted by the 2 men, that would be one thing because he would have been in fear of his life... but having initiated the shooting inside the home and then following the robber outside and continuing to shoot would be another thing all together. If his bullet had struck a innocent by-stander, I think most DA's would have said he should have just remained inside and not have pursued the 2nd robber once he had run from the home.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad he & his family are safe! However, if the firefighter followed the escaped robber outside the home & fired as the Bad Guy fled.. he was definitely in a Grey area of legality. If he had fired outside the home when originally confronted by the 2 men, that would be one thing because he would have been in fear of his life... but having initiated the shooting inside the home and then following the robber outside and continuing to shoot would be another thing all together. If his bullet had struck a innocent by-stander, I think most DA's would have said he should have just remained inside and not have pursued the 2nd robber once he had run from the home.

I agree that following the guy outside probably wasn't a good idea. That action has been condemned by writers like Massad Ayoob numerous times. I too am glad he and his family are OK.

Latest posts

Top Bottom