How do I fix this rolled pin on my BCG?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docohm

Maximus Shooterist
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was blasting away at the range with my 9mm PCC and it stopped working. So I went home
and took it apart. I found that this rolled pin in the BCG had slid out part way and was rubbing inside. I knocked it back in but now I'm worried that it will just work it's way out again next time I go shot it. Anyway to fix it?
This is a 9mm BCG (and full barreled upper) from PSA and it's fairly new. I've only got about 300 rounds through it.
IMG_0979.jpeg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It hold the counterweight in the back of the bolt body to give the BCG enough mass. Tap it out and apply green or red permanent loctite, rockset etc. and tap it back in.

^^^ this. I’d add Lock-Tite 680 retaining compound to the list of adhesives but all would work.

Clean and degrease with break cleaner. Acetone, etc. Apply, and wait 24 hours. It won’t come out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

docohm

Maximus Shooterist
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE - Since posting this back in August I've cleaned the roll pin and put red loctite on it, that lasted about 50 rounds. I've sent it in to PSA TWICE! Both times they send it back and I can't tell that they've done anything to it. First time I shot it about 100 rounds and it came out again. I sent it back in JAMMED and they pushed it back and sent it back to me today. They keep wanting me to send them the lower along with this upper. I can't see how the lower makes any difference at all, why do they need it? I'd rather not risk it getting shipped all over the place.
Does the buffer in the lower make a difference? I do have a 9mm buffer in the lower. What else is the lower could be causing the roll pin in the BCG to come out?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It holds the counterweight in the back of the bolt body to give the BCG enough mass. Tap it out and apply green or red permanent loctite, rockset etc. and tap it back in.
Obviously there is negative space in the upper that is allowing the pin to back out. If this space is not specified in the manufacturing process of the upper or necessary in the functioning of the weapon, it might be a defect in producing the upper. I'm just throwing out a little mechanical common sense. I don't know what the connection would be either.

Which generation is yours?

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/258069-psa-9mm-pcc-glock-identification/

upload_2020-10-22_16-43-33.png

Which lower do you have?

upload_2020-10-22_16-46-17.png

upload_2020-10-22_16-45-40.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom