How do you add an NFA item to your trust?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm waiting on my stamp for my SBR. I went the trust rought. My question is when I buy a cawhat paper work do I need to do to add the can to the trust I already have. Thanks-Ber

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quicken Willmaker is great to set up a trust, but blows at maintaining the trust. Every time you add property it wants you to amend and restate...not necessary. I exported mine to word.

I update the Schedule A and throw the old one out. And copy the assignment of property sheet to a new page and fill it out for the new item. It should say in the trust that you can add property at any time. As long as you sign an assingment of property for the item and update the schedule A you're done.

This is not legal advice and I am not a layer.

ber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So to make sure I'm getting this. You keep the sbr on the schedule A add the can to that and then send it in with the form 4 for the can. Right?

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes! you will have multiple items on the schedule A, if you have multiple NFA items. just make sure that the newest item is on the schedule A, and a copy of the trust, and the application "packet" are all in there when you mail it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom