How do you draw your bow not to be seen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the scenario. You're in a ghillie suit behind fallen tree limbs, or in a ghostblind or low frontal only cover, and several deer are coming withing range. How to best draw your bow without being seen or noticed. I find if I get down on one knee I'm too low to shoot through the openings. If I draw while sitting on my hunting stool I can (possibly) be seen. The suggested method was to stay in the chair or on the stool, without doing any ducking, with the bow up and facing the deer head on and draw straight back. Since there will be no side to side movement the draw should be less obvious.

I was just curious how others out there have perform this successfully, or think they would. I'm thinking there probably aren't many that are hunting from the ground outside of a blind so this is probably is not a issue for many but for me it's a concern.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I was forced to do this quite a bit during the drought years hunting water holes. I just sit in my folding chair at a 45* angle to where the deer approached the water and was able to sit, draw, and shoot with. Biggest factor in this was it's almost always windy here, covers up a ton of movement.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up a new Redneck chair, adjustable and silently swivels. Much better than my cheap stool I was using. It's a bit on the heavy side buy so much more comfortable, hopefully it'll help with the draw issue.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used a tripod style seat that swiveled. I also lowered the draw weight a few pounds so I could draw straight back smoothly. I'd face 90 degrees to the right (I'm right handed), of where I expected the deer to come from so upon draw, I'd be ready to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom