How do you position your iwb holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you position your iwb holster?

• At 2:30

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • At 3:00

Votes: 41 17.1%
  • At 3:30

Votes: 78 32.5%
  • At 4:00

Votes: 69 28.8%
  • Other

Votes: 36 15.0%

• Total voters

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried enough set ups to understand that small of back is what works and the only thing that really works “for me" in the summer. I carry a left handed Looper IWB to make SOB work correctly for right handed folks like myself. This setup allows me to carry my USP .40 Compact wearing only an un-tucked t-shirt shorts and flip-flops.

In winter I carry the same in an OWB at 3:00

What I really need to do is not sell this damn pistol so I don’t decide for the third time it is what I really needed for CCW.

For what it is worth I think everyone needs to keep the dangers of SOB carry in perspective. From my own personal experience, trees are more deadly. Twice they have tried to kill me. Hahahha…

Sharp Shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
I tried it in the small of my back but i am always concerned that someone behind me will see it or make out its shape through my shirt. This is the main reason i carry mine at 3:00 to 3:15. Since my arms fall naturally at my side, like everyone elses, it covers my gun everytime. This way i can always make sure by just feeling with my elbow that my shirt is down and my gun is hidden.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am right at 3. Is may be because I am fat or that I have the right holster, but I can easily carry a 5 Inch gun there.

Gbart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
since i got my minotaur spartan ive enjoyed 245ish. If im driving my 350z its a little uncomfortable there but i just move it a little back once im seated and its not too bad. Any other truck or suv and im perfectly fine. If i go too far back when i bend over bottom mag part of the glock sticks out pretty bad 245 to 300 it doesnt show at all. thinking about trying 400 or so and tucking in my undershirt on the outside of my gun to maybe keep it pressed tighter up against my side/kidney area maybe that will keep the bottom from printing as much. Its way more comfortable back there just dont want it sticking out everytime i lean forward or bend over to pick something up.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
since i got my minotaur spartan ive enjoyed 245ish. If im driving my 350z its a little uncomfortable there but i just move it a little back once im seated and its not too bad. Any other truck or suv and im perfectly fine. If i go too far back when i bend over bottom mag part of the glock sticks out pretty bad 245 to 300 it doesnt show at all. thinking about trying 400 or so and tucking in my undershirt on the outside of my gun to maybe keep it pressed tighter up against my side/kidney area maybe that will keep the bottom from printing as much. Its way more comfortable back there just dont want it sticking out everytime i lean forward or bend over to pick something up.

I used to carry my CTAC in the very same location, and I drive a Trans Am, and it wasn't comfortable. I moved it to just behind my hip bone and it doesn't bother me to drive my car anymore and it feels more natural. Just a thought, might give it a whirl.

Gbart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to carry my CTAC in the very same location, and I drive a Trans Am, and it wasn't comfortable. I moved it to just behind my hip bone and it doesn't bother me to drive my car anymore and it feels more natural. Just a thought, might give it a whirl.

ok ill try that, yeah only small cars bother me in my truck it feels great cant even feel it. Im still experimenting with it this holster is so much better then the others ive tried.

Latest posts

Top Bottom