How does the heat affect you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We weld up the pipe for the power plants Dennis was talking about and refineries all over the country and when work is slow we go weld it into place wherever it's going I'm way too familiar of the heat you speak of Dennis it's is brutal

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fat guy in the sun.jpg

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These steroids have caused my potassium levels to drop and any time it gets over 70 or so I feel like a wrung out dishrag. I started taking Potassium supplements but I guess it takes a few days to level back off because the fatigue and leg and foot cramps are driving me NUTS.

I got stuff I need to be doing. OUTSIDE.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These steroids have caused my potassium levels to drop and any time it gets over 70 or so I feel like a wrung out dishrag. I started taking Potassium supplements but I guess it takes a few days to level back off because the fatigue and leg and foot cramps are driving me NUTS.

I got stuff I need to be doing. OUTSIDE.
Eat banana's. spike that potassium level up pretty quick, and it's cheaper. One medium banana = 422 milligrams of potassium.
Avocados and Spinach have high levels as well.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eat banana's. spike that potassium level up pretty quick, and it's cheaper. One medium banana = 422 milligrams of potassium.
Avocados and Spinach have high levels as well.

I would if I could eat solid food. I'm getting ALL my vitamins and minerals right now from supplements. And all my macronutrients from clear liquids. To say not being able to eat is an adventure is an understatement.

I've gotten a crash course in nutrition in the last 5 weeks.

I started taking extra when the leg cramps started a couple days ago. Today I worked out and didn't cramp up so I think I've found my "sweet spot".

Had blood drawn for labwork yesterday. It's gonna be interesting to see what my numbers are, as I had blood work done the week before my surgery. Pretty interested to see what being on a clear liquid diet and prednisone for 5 weeks does to your numbers. (I've already done the research and the doc is NOT putting me on another round of steroids. I'll be going to see an ENT guy if my throat swells up again after this round is over.)

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would if I could eat solid food. I'm getting ALL my vitamins and minerals right now from supplements. And all my macronutrients from clear liquids. To say not being able to eat is an adventure is an understatement.

I've gotten a crash course in nutrition in the last 5 weeks.
Gotcha.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had low potassium levels(didn't know it at the time) and felt terrible. Lucky for me I was referred to another doctor for some unrelated tests. While doing the tests, she caught the low potassium levels and put me on supplements. So far, almost everything has cleared up. Not trying to be a hypochondriac, but ya might want to look at the link below(I had some of the symptoms listed before I was put on the supplements). My understanding is that you can have potassium levels that are too low or you can also have potassium levels that are too high. Also, if your on diuretics, they will flush out electrolytes(like calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphate and chloride) out of your system.

http://www.webmd.boots.com/a-to-z-guides/low-potassium-hypokalaemia

Low potassium (hypokalaemia)

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had low potassium levels(didn't know it at the time) and felt terrible. Lucky for me I was referred to another doctor for some unrelated tests. While doing the tests, she caught the low potassium levels and put me on supplements. So far, almost everything has cleared up. Not trying to be a hypochondriac, but ya might want to look at the link below(I had some of the symptoms listed before I was put on the supplements). My understanding is that you can have potassium levels that are too low or you can also have potassium levels that are too high. Also, if your on diuretics, they will flush out electrolytes(like calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphate and chloride) out of your system.

http://www.webmd.boots.com/a-to-z-guides/low-potassium-hypokalaemia

Low potassium (hypokalaemia)
Good info! Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom