How does the heat affect you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, Rivers, you are right -- too much is just as bad as too little. It's a pretty fine balance and I'd much rather prefer to get my nutrition thru food than a dozen handful of pills and clear liquids and will probably wind up going to see an ENT guy if the swelling comes back after this round of steroids are done.

Still, not having a headache and being able to enjoy my life makes the coughing and gagging when liquid goes down into my lungs and or up into my sinuses seem like just an inconvenience. Well, except for that whole not being able to eat a steak and sweet potato fries thing. Lol

Last edited:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far we have been really lucky. Still got July, August and September. Here's a look back at some long strings of high temps.

http://newsok.com/southwest-oklahoma-communities-break-heat-records/article/3597703
Southwest Oklahoma communities break heat records
Oklahoman Published: August 25, 2011 12:00 AM CDT Updated: August 25, 2011 12:00 AM CDT

The number of triple-digit temperature days in a calendar year in the state

Grandfield:
89 days in 2011.

Altus: 87 days in 2011.

Hollis: 86 days in 1956.

Hollis: 84 days in 2011.

• Healdton: 83 days in 1980.

Walters: 83 days in 1998.

Chattanooga: 82 days in 1998.

Woodward: 81 days in 1896.

Hollis: 81 days in 1952.

Hollis: 81 days in 1939.

Frederick: 81 days in 1954.

&

http://www.weather.gov/oun/climate-records
Climatological Averages and Records

Back in August of 1936, there were five straight days(9th through the 14th) of 107 to 113 degrees of heat. Gee, that was a long time before global warming, Algore and the .gov grant "consensus" tried to take over.

I think it was 2011, we had 100+ days of 100+ temps here around Lawton. It was GOD AWEFUL!!!!. Luckily I had just replaced the AC with a new 16 SERE unit that January. House stayed a comfy 67 that summer.

I also decided to take the Fam to Cali to see my folks since it was too damn hot around Lawton to do anything fun. It was nice as hell in the Bay Area, Morning temps were 55 in Aug. I snapped a couple of pics of me and the wife wearing sweats in the morning and sent them to some co-workers. I got a few pics of middle fingers in return

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So an odd story…several years back I got hit with Viral Encephalitis and it pretty much reset my nervous system. It took about a year for my body to be able to regulate my body temperature again (among many other things). I’d get so hot in the winter that I was soaked head to toe in sweat, even sitting outside when it was near freezing. In the summer when it was hot, I could hardly go outside and if I did, I was exhausted for the rest of the day after just a short time. I “worked hard” trying to build up my heat tolerance again and am finally “back to normal” but that first year SUCKED.

("Viral encephalitis is an inflammation of the brain caused by a virus. Some viral diseases, such as measles and rubella, can also progress to involve inflammation of the brain. Other micro-organisms, such as bacteria, fungi and parasites, are capable of triggering encephalitis, but viruses – particularly the group known as enteroviruses – are the leading cause. Once inside the blood, the viruses migrate to the brain where they start to multiply.

The body notices the invasion and mounts an immune system response. This causes the brain to swell. The combination of infection and immune response creates the typical symptoms of viral encephalitis. The major risk from viral encephalitis is permanent brain damage. Children aged one year or less and adults aged 55 years and over are more vulnerable to life threatening complications")

Latest posts

Top Bottom