How far have you gone to hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My hunting experiences have pretty much been here at home, minus a bunch of trips to Kansas and a few in Texas. My first deer was actually shot in Texas back in high school many years ago.

My furthest has been for turkey hunting in Nebraska a few times which I loved. What about you, how far have you gone for a good hunt or fishing trip?

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Multiple trips to the Middle East with mixed results.

Bagged 4. Snakes, 1 goat, a rat, and others.
Catch and release, 10k+ under the weight limit Iraqis.

Seriously though, went turkey hunting in Alabama and Wisconsin, deep sea fishing in Florida, everything else has been in here on Oklahoma.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drove just over 1000 miles round trip for just one evening hunt in 2015.
My target buck was only coming in at night but was gradually getting closer to shooting light, and my best guess was he would make an appearance in the daylight on the new moon (10/12/2015). I left my house in Texas before daylight on Monday October 12th, got in my stand at 5:45pm, shot my target buck at 7:30pm, and headed back home before daylight on Tuesday, so I could be back at work Wednesday morning.
381CA394-50FB-4370-8570-6F9135859ED5.jpeg

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drove just over 1000 miles round trip for just one evening hunt in 2015.
My target buck was only coming in at night but was gradually getting closer to shooting light, and my best guess was he would make an appearance in the daylight on the new moon (10/12/2015). I left my house in Texas before daylight on Monday October 12th, got in my stand at 5:45pm, shot my target buck at 7:30pm, and headed back home before daylight on Tuesday, so I could be back at work Wednesday morning.
View attachment 203113
Wow, that is a cool story. Congrats on the timing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom