How Good and Durable is the Burris MTAC 30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just like the title states I am wanting to know what people think on the issue, i do not want well i read crap i would prefer have and hate, or love for x reasons please.

I am seriously thinking about the Burris MTAC 30 ( i hate Leupold so do suggest them)

Thank you very much.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the Burris XTR-14 1-4x and it was a great scope. Very clear, and seemed tough. The Burris Rings were solid, but VERY heavy. I know it's not the MTAC, but it is a Burris and it is a 1-4x. To be honest, the 1-4x always left me wanting more. The 1x was a true 1x, but the eye relief wasn't great (nothing like a red dot). So, since that was the case, I would prefer a 2-7x or a 1-6x if I do it again. Hope this helps some.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every leupold I have ever owned including 1000.00. + dollar scopes of theirs has caused me nothing but trouble where I have had to send them back to be fixed three right out of the box and the last I had to send it back 4 times which was a VX III. I have never had a problem with my nikons or burris scopes.

Well ok not really fair I did own one of their scopes which was an older VX 2 that did not cause me any problems. One scope does not build confidence in a company that prices their products as high as they do.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Every leupold I have ever owned including 1000.00. + dollar scopes of theirs has caused me nothing but trouble where I have had to send them back to be fixed three right out of the box and the last I had to send it back 4 times which was a VX III. I have never had a problem with my nikons or burris scopes.

Well ok not really fair I did own one of their scopes which was an older VX 2 that did not cause me any problems. One scope does not build confidence in a company that prices their products as high as they do.

In 44 years of shooting I've owned several Leupolds (have a 1.5x5 VXIII on my 375 H&H right now) and had many friends who owned them and I've never heard of a problem ever. I'm stunned!! The Burris you speak of, I'm not familiar with but my experience with Burris in general has been it's an excellent product.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought about teh Leatherwood CMR, but it is made in China, and i would much rather avoid PRC (not People's Republic of Commifornia either LOL), i know that Burris is made and assembled in the Philippine's but that is better than PRC. i may have to break down and check them out though, i did like they way they looked, and everything i have read and seen is the Hi-Lux CMR is a great scope for the money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom