1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

How is everyone CC these days? (body placement)

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by zghorner, Feb 7, 2021.

1. pstmstr

pstmstr Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    AIWB is just as safe as any other method if done properly. Your far more likely to shoot your own ass reaching around to reholster a pistol in a holster you can’t see while moving a cover garment out of the way. Anyone carrying a gun with any method should train and practice until it’s second nature. I sure hope all you guys carrying different ways on different days remember how to quickly deploy the gun if it’s needed. Muscle memory can be your friend or your enemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    If Dan Combs was alive...

As we in the artillery used to say when we had friendlies in the air, "Big sky, little bullet". I think in this case it would be more like big bullet, little target.

3. Ken Andrews

Ken Andrews Marksman

Snattlerake, can you tell me more about the velcro overbelt? I carry a Glock G30S OWB and sometimes IWB at 0300 with an extra mag at 0930 on a good solid leather belt and it works well. But hey, this old Devil Dog is willing to learn new tricks that work. (My Streamlight flashlight is always clipped inside my left cargo pants pocket). - Thanks

4. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    ^^^ That right there. If you are carrying that G26 get one of these.
    https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/products/striker-control-device/

5. okierider

okierider Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    3 o'clock and all is well in central OKlahoma!

6. clintbailey

clintbailey Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I carry OWB, 3-4 o'clock position, whether its my Sig M18, Ruger LW CMD 1911, or S&W 66-2...all Simply Rugged leather holsters

7. amcardon

amcardon Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    AIWB most of the time (glock 19, 43, or sig 239) primarily with Keepers holsters, or a sig 220 at 3:00 in a leather holster. I've got a Tier 1 appendix holster for my 320 with rmr but I haven't tried it out yet. My wife bought me a double belt rig for Christmas that I need to test out as well.

Tooln likes this.
  8. druryj

druryj Administrator Staff Member

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I think its just another way of maybe kinda trying to say underwear and overwear. Now I think that most off us all know that we are supposed to wear our underwear under our overwear. But if you overwear your underwear, then you may find that you are being shunned and even avoided by others. I'd be careful aboiut this...YMMV.

thor447 likes this.
  9. rj ︈

rj ︈ Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I carry appendix, but I won't judge you if you carry 3:00 or OWB, I'm just happy whenever someone actually carries their gun everyday. Get a good kydex holster and a good belt that actually fits the clips on your holster and you'll be surprised with what you can conceal comfortably.

pstmstr likes this.
  10. jackary

jackary Sharpshooter

I have been carrying my Glock 19 appendix in Trex sidecar holster for the last year and a half. If I am carrying a full size normally carry at 3-4 o’clock inside the waste belt.

rj ︈ likes this.