1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

How is everyone CC these days? (body placement)

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by zghorner, Feb 7, 2021.

1. KurtM

KurtM Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    All of these methods are unsafe! The best way to CC is to have it disassembled with a trigger lock installed in a locked hard case inside a My Little Pony backpack with glitter and bedazzled! The ammo and spare mags carried in a Malibu Barby makeup case also locked. The keys on your mood sensing amulet around your neck....... Or in a drop leg holster for your "Josh Randal" special with a heavy duster and extra 45-70 ammo for you Model 92 Mares leg!

2. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I don't know what an amulet is but my wife has a mood sensing ring. If she's in a good mood, it turns blue. If she's in a bad mood, it leaves a red mark on my forehead.

JLB, OKNewshawk, Snattlerake and 3 others like this.
  3. KurtM

KurtM Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    That's the one! Only worn around the neck on a chain it is used like a chain mace, or morning star!

RickN likes this.
  4. RickN

RickN Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I am fat so I carry mostly OWB 3:30, sometimes cross draw since I prefer it when seated and have done a lot of practice drawing with either hand. How you carry is up to you depending on the firearm / holster combo you have, which could be based on what you can afford.

Main thing is something I have said here many times. If just starting to carry, wear it around the house for a few weeks unloaded until you find the way that is right for you, and you get use to it. Trust me, when you first start carrying there is a tendency to fiddle with the gun and I feel that is where most of the dropped guns in Walmart or accidental discharges come from. So wear it, live it, get comfortable with it, then load it.

5. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Uncle mikes?

bigred1 likes this.
  6. RickN

RickN Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%

Only if that is the best you can afford. God forbid! If you are stuck using one, learn it. Learn the best and safest way to carry it. (nightstand comes to my mind but I do have better) Learn not to fiddle with it, and for God's sake learn not to drop your firearm of have it go off unless you mean it to.

7. Rez Exelon

Rez Exelon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Here's my carry rig:
    [​IMG]

Most of the time I carry it left cheek, but sometimes front. If I'm on the road I'll magnet mount it to my windshield to open it out a little.

8. El Pablo

El Pablo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    RickN likes this.
  9. DavidMcMillan

DavidMcMillan Enjoy your life!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    There's a bunch around here that often go off half-cocked...

10. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The opposite is true too. When I stopped carrying I walked in circles for a few months because of the ballast I was missing.

MacFromOK and RickN like this.