How many millionaires do we have here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you a millionaire or greater?

• No

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 21 26.3%

• Total voters

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really does not matter in the long run. Most millionaires I have met have the same worries the rest of us do and most worked hard to get where they are. The only real difference is they can afford more toys and do more good.
This part I totally disagree with. One can pass it down to the next generation after teaching them how to manage money and not squander it. Then the next generation after that.
I always wanted to have a big lotto win, buy a large U-Haul type truck and use it to make charity donations. Pull up with a truck full of food for Jesus House or other homeless shelters. A truck load of toys to Toys for Tots. Truck load of supplies to the animal rescues we support. Etc, etc, etc. I am not big on just giving money since so many charities use it to pay big salaries.
The bold part I totally agree with. It would be nice to be able to buy a new car to a struggling family who drives a POS or single mother with 2 jobs and must have reliable transportation. And other scenario's like this

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really does not matter in the long run. Most millionaires I have met have the same worries the rest of us do and most worked hard to get where they are. The only real difference is they can afford more toys and do more good.

I always wanted to have a big lotto win, buy a large U-Haul type truck and use it to make charity donations. Pull up with a truck full of food for Jesus House or other homeless shelters. A truck load of toys to Toys for Tots. Truck load of supplies to the animal rescues we support. Etc, etc, etc. I am not big on just giving money since so many charities use it to pay big salaries.

This is kind of what I'd like to do. The Wife and I made a pact long ago if we ever won a serious amount in a lotto or something, we would donate 50% to charity, or if it were a REALLY serious amount, we would put 50% into a charitable foundation we controlled.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This is kind of what I'd like to do. The Wife and I made a pact long ago if we ever won a serious amount in a lotto or something, we would donate 50% to charity, or if it were a REALLY serious amount, we would put 50% into a charitable foundation we controlled.
Us too. St. Judes, Shriners etc

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle died last month at 90 years old.He never made more than $31,000.00 in a year.He invested well and was worth a little over 4 million dollars when he died.He was driving an 89 chevy in 2018.He was too cheap to enjoy his money.He never took trips or bought himself anything like guns or knives.He spent the last 2 years of his life in a veterans center unable to get out of bed or walk.My loser cousin inherited 3 million and her loser son that is in prison for murder will get a milllion when he gets out in 2040.All this to say if you are lucky enough to have some money you might as well enjoy it before you are dead, because the people you leave it to won't have any trouble spending it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom