How many millionaires do we have here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you a millionaire or greater?

• No

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 21 26.3%

• Total voters

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
This is kind of what I'd like to do. The Wife and I made a pact long ago if we ever won a serious amount in a lotto or something, we would donate 50% to charity, or if it were a REALLY serious amount, we would put 50% into a charitable foundation we controlled.
If you could buy anything you wanted the real joy in life would be to give to the truly needy.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering total net assets? I'm about $450,000 short. So no, I never will be. Was on track to be easily over a million in retirement savings alone but divorce freed me from that burden.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It really does not matter in the long run. Most millionaires I have met have the same worries the rest of us do and most worked hard to get where they are. The only real difference is they can afford more toys and do more good.

I always wanted to have a big lotto win, buy a large U-Haul type truck and use it to make charity donations. Pull up with a truck full of food for Jesus House or other homeless shelters. A truck load of toys to Toys for Tots. Truck load of supplies to the animal rescues we support. Etc, etc, etc. I am not big on just giving money since so many charities use it to pay big salaries.
I like the way you think RickN

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I ever desired in life was to be comfortable in life and the same in retirement.
The amount of money is not relevant as ones definition of what is comfortable for them may be different from others.
As long as one is happy in their life it doesn’t matter how much money you possess.
If one decides to be an over achiever with putting on fronts like a home you can barely afford to appear “rich”, your not going to be comfortable in your lifestyle because you can’t enjoy the other fruits of life like having a fluid cash flow for travel, helping kids in an emergency, covering your own emergencies, and so on.
There are a lot of millionaires out there that are financially poor.
This is the way I feel. Sometimes I’ll go through some rough times ( like my wife losing her job back in October) and I’ll say to myself “ man it would be so nice to be rich”. But then things get better and I don’t feel that way anymore. I am very blessed to have what I have and to be where I am. I went from being a drug addict loser with a sub 530 credit score to having an 831 score and owning my own home and having a great career. My marriage is good and for the most part I am happy. My son is almost 16 so he takes away a lot of my happiness. Lol. I love him to death but he is a handful sometimes. But in the end I know none of this stuff will matter as it won’t go with me. But it sure feels great to be successful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom