How many millionaires do we have here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you a millionaire or greater?

• No

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 21 26.3%

• Total voters

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I’m probably a “millionaire” on paper, but my bank account doesn’t reflect it. Some advice my maternal Grandfather gave me growing up is if I ever got a chance to buy land to take it, because they’re not making any more of it. I’ve got a little land here in Texas and more in Oklahoma, and the only debt I have is on my Oklahoma house.
I’m 51, and if I sold my house and land in Oklahoma, I could probably almost “retire” now. However, the joy I derive from being up there working on the place and hunting is worth so much more to me than money. I will probably never be able to keep everything I’ve got and fully “retire”, but my goal is to be able to pass the land down for my kids and hopefully grandkids to enjoy after I’m gone. I think that would make my Grandfather proud.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On paper it looks like I might be close to a millionaire if I sold everything I had. ALL of it tied up in slow moving assets. I guess that is why I am so broke all the time and feel poor as dirt.

Cash flow is nothing like when I was in my younger years. Crazy as that sounds, I have to look at you guys guns for sale and can't even afford most of that most of the time.

I feel before this is over there is going to be a great leveling and everyone is going to take a massive haircut. A million dollars won't even be that much anymore.

But that is OK too. I was probably happiest in my life when my children were toddlers when I didn't have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I’m probably a “millionaire” on paper, but my bank account doesn’t reflect it. Some advice my maternal Grandfather gave me growing up is if I ever got a chance to buy land to take it, because they’re not making any more of it. I’ve got a little land here in Texas and more in Oklahoma, and the only debt I have is on my Oklahoma house.
I’m 51, and if I sold my house and land in Oklahoma, I could probably almost “retire” now. However, the joy I derive from being up there working on the place and hunting is worth so much more to me than money. I will probably never be able to keep everything I’ve got and fully “retire”, but my goal is to be able to pass the land down for my kids and hopefully grandkids to enjoy after I’m gone. I think that would make my Grandfather proud.

Gents, a millionaire is a definition. Not a feeling or a guess. It’s very easy and simple to calculate (and I appreciate the humility of many here).

The equation is: the value of what you own MINUS the cost of what you owe= net worth.

Sometimes that net worth number fluctuates as real estate grows or weakens or the stock market pulls back or roars forward.
I’m curious why money/“worth”/finances are so verboten to discuss in the US? I get some of the social oddities and uncomfortableness, but even parents that refuse to talk to their children, kids who refuse to seek the guidance of elders and churches, schools and employers that don’t whisper a peep.

The US would be so much better off if those from the age of 8-88 better understood finances, debt loads, cash flow, investments, interest rates and financial vehicles. For if they did, NOT a one of the critters in CONgress today would be there and this country would be much, much better off with her vast resources!

Last edited:

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I ever desired in life was to be comfortable in life and the same in retirement.
The amount of money is not relevant as ones definition of what is comfortable for them may be different from others.
As long as one is happy in their life it doesn’t matter how much money you possess.
If one decides to be an over achiever with putting on fronts like a home you can barely afford to appear “rich”, your not going to be comfortable in your lifestyle because you can’t enjoy the other fruits of life like having a fluid cash flow for travel, helping kids in an emergency, covering your own emergencies, and so on.
There are a lot of millionaires out there that are financially poor.

Words of Wisdom dennishoddy Words of Wisdom...

Latest posts

Top Bottom