How much Ammo before you die?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to be a hater (or a potater in ezbake's case), but the OP joined this band of merry men in '07. Didn't he go through this same situation in '08? I think we all learned something then and planned accordingly.
This! I was in college in '08 and on a "college budget", but I still bought a case or more of .40S&W and still have some of that left. Watching ammo prices constantly headed in an upward trajectory, I always keep some supply of every caliber I shoot with an emphasis on those calibers that I carry for defense. Now, my inventory of ammo has grown with my paycheck and will continue to do so...at least with the amount the gov't lets me keep.

Also, while it may not necessarily be an "investment" you can't deny a little quote from the owner of Ammunition Depot. "Gold and silver are mighty shiney, but only lead will save your hiney."

Last, it's up to the individual to secure the means to sustain their hobby if they want to keep it. You can complain all you want, but you just have to simply learn that history repeats itself especially with regard to periods of "panic buying" or what some call "firearmageddon".

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last week at Wal-Mart I bought a 100 Round box of Federal 223 for $34 and 20 Round Boxes of Federal Lake City XM193 for $8.95. Today they had 40 S&W Federal FMJ for $18

Enough butt hurt already. Get out there and look.

I'll buy as much as I damn well want.

Welcome to USA. We can do that here!!! Uumm.... For now anyway.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, it isn't about need. I feel like I am defending "standard capacity" mags. Even if you never shoot all your ammo it is fun to shoot any gun and making sure you have all the ammo you want is a "right". Same as owning a "personal defense gun".

Latest posts

Top Bottom