How much higher will the prices go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
coming across a new job and a considerable raise, I have found myself with some extra cash to throw around, which will, after paying off my debts and truck, will most likely go towards truck parts and guns. I'm wanting to pick up an sks for a truck gun, and I've realized recently how much prices on mosins and sks's have jumped.

When will it stop? I'm a young guy, 28, but even I remember being able to find mosins online for 129 and thereabouts, sks's in the 170 range. Now they're double that. I can only imagine what they were 20 years ago.

You guys think it would be smart to purchase two or three of each, money permitting, with the intention of selling the extras later on after the prices go up considerably more in the next couple years?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've found that anything to do with guns, even stuff I see no reason to be desirable, if there is a limited supply (they ain't making more mil surps), then the price just continually rises.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think that's bad? Look at the 762x54r ammo itself. From $50 a can a few years ago to upward of $175 a can now. At least, on the whole 762x39, hasn't followed suit.

t1gershark

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen rough condition Chinese SKS's at one of my local pawn shops for $450. $350 for rough condition Mosin M38/44's. I'm glad my Russian SKS and M44 are in awesome condition and I didn't pay anywhere near that for them.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its depressing trying to do homework on something you gained an interest in, and seeing what they were selling for less than 10 years ago. I can only assume the trend will continue, so stuff like that will be a good investment.

Heck in the last few years it seems Mosins have doubled in price...and become somewhat scarce (this from someone who has ZERO interest in such a rifle).

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for the same money, you can buy a LOT of high velocity, hollowpoint 22lr ammo, (tested and prove each lot yourself before buying much of it) a lot of wheelweight lead, a lot of primers and powder. You can't go wrong with such, cause you'll use them yourself. AK and AR mags, milsurp ones, can only go up in price. No serial number or ATF bs to worry about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom