How to drive in Oklahoma City.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh hell, I can only imagine. Honestly I hate big cities and personally I avoid them. If I’m there it’s because of my wife or some other demanding life situation.

I’d be just as happy living totally rural with farmer buddies out in BFE. No hipster districts or $60 per plate restaurants. My poor wife lmao
Hell yeah!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try LA and San Diego. Whole new level of crazy.
I don’t know, my last tour of duty with a former company that was moving factory equipment from LA to Ponca required me going out there in Compton for two weeks, doing my thing and coming home for a month. Repeat for a year, back and forth.
Most of my time was spent sitting in traffic at a near standstill taking an hour to get 10 miles back to the hotel because a white boy doesn’t stay in Compton overnight.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would rather drive in Dallas than in Ada. I am serious. I hate this place.

The amount of traffic ada gets confounds me. Where the heck do all these people come from?

This place is not laid out and built for the amount of traffic it gets.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would rather drive in Dallas than in Ada. I am serious. I hate this place.

The amount of traffic ada gets confounds me. Where the heck do all these people come from?

This place is not laid out and built for the amount of traffic it gets.
Get rid of 'crazy corner' and your traffic would flow just fine!

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was entering I-44 southbound from SW 59th street by Will Rogers Airport today. There was a car STOPPED on the on-ramp with a left blinker. I nearly rear ended them as I was trying to accelerate to highway speed. When I slowed down, I nearly got rear ended by the guy behind me, who veered onto the shoulder and passed both of us. I also entered the shoulder to pass the stopped car, and as I looked over, the driver was looking backwards out their driver side window, waiting for a gap to get onto the highway. Good luck going from 0 to 70 there, buddy.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was entering I-44 southbound from SW 59th street by Will Rogers Airport today. There was a car STOPPED on the on-ramp with a left blinker. I nearly rear ended them as I was trying to accelerate to highway speed. When I slowed down, I nearly got rear ended by the guy behind me, who veered onto the shoulder and passed both of us. I also entered the shoulder to pass the stopped car, and as I looked over, the driver was looking backwards out their driver side window, waiting for a gap to get onto the highway. Good luck going from 0 to 70 there, buddy.
That’s the kind of ramp behavior that drives me nuts !!! Don’t ya wish you were driving a tank in the moment !

Latest posts

Top Bottom