How to eradicate Grub worms from you yard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the farm I remember during the summer months we could drive home at night and the June bugs will be so thick hitting the windshield on the 59 Apache the vacuum windshield wipers couldn't clean them off. They were especially thick at the creek right before our driveway.

When they got that thick dad had a trick. Dad would fill a metal 5 gallon bucket with diesel fuel to about the halfway mark then gas up to the three quarter mark and set it out into the gravel driveway and light it. The June bugs would fly through the flames singeing their wings off and drop to the ground. The chickens had a feast in the morning.

We let it burn all night a few times but I personally would not have done that. Just make sure you have a lid for the bucket or a piece of plywood to smother the flames.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the farm I remember during the summer months we could drive home at night and the June bugs will be so thick hitting the windshield on the 59 Apache the vacuum windshield wipers couldn't clean them off. They were especially thick at the creek right before our driveway.

When they got that thick dad had a trick. Dad would fill a metal 5 gallon bucket with diesel fuel to about the halfway mark then gas up to the three quarter mark and set it out into the gravel driveway and light it. The June bugs would fly through the flames singeing their wings off and drop to the ground. The chickens had a feast in the morning.

We let it burn all night a few times but I personally would not have done that. Just make sure you have a lid for the bucket or a piece of plywood to smother the flames.
5 gal buckets are plastic?

Latest posts

Top Bottom