How to hunt Public Land in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some, look at the Regs, its specified by area

This.......most areas are designated on the WMA maps, but use caution with those as well because sometimes they change without notice. Couple of years ago we arrived at a WMA in NW Oklahoma and set up camp in the dark in an area that was marked as a camping area on the WMA map. This spot had always been used as a camping area in the past. We were excited that it was still available because it was near the walk in area we wanted to hunt. After an hour or two of work we had the camper all level, food and coolers out, everything set up and ready to go. I walked over to a nearby fenceline to relieve myself and noticed a brand new sign on the fence. "NO CAMPING, WALK IN AREA ONLY" or something to that effect. OOPS! well that explains why it was still available, had to go break the news to my buddy, we broke up camp in the dark, and moved to a different spot, not a fun experience at the time but one we laugh about now.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Update: Completed my Hunters Education Course online, got my license, and purchased one rifle antler tag (I think). In Texas your license actually has the tags on it.

Do I really need to go buy my antlered rifle and antlerless(doe) rifle tags one by one online? The website would only let me purchase one tag of each type...

Got a hunting buddy too. Might head out to Candy Creek WMA next weekend to scout a spot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom