How to sight in your rifle/scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know most people here will not need this info, but I just got a new rifle, CZ 557 Sporter .30-06, and figured Id record how I sight my guns in. Maybe it will help out some newer shooters that aren't sure how to do it. I tried to make it simple and explain things as best I could, so hopefully it's not to confusing. lol

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, great info explained well. Is there any place we can print the last sheets posted of turn which adjuster which way for what reaction, and how much for how far for a quick reference?

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, great info explained well. Is there any place we can print the last sheets posted of turn which adjuster which way for what reaction, and how much for how far for a quick reference?

I just made those myself. You can pause the video and hit the print screen button on your keyboard, then go to paint and hit paste. From there you can save it or print it. I would invert the distance one before printing though or it will use a lot of black ink.

or I can invert it for you and post them in here as pictures this evening if you'd like. then you can just right click and save them.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
very good video.
What you said near the beginning will help a lot of people..I have had scopes that were backwards from what they had on them.

So to expand on what you stated earlier.
Shoot the gun ,, get it on paper.. then secure the gun so it does not move when you adjust the windage and elevation.
A steady rest or a lead sled or just a good bag.

Now with the shot on paper before you make any adjustments secure the gun and position the cross hairs on the aim point that you were using.
Now turn the adjustment knobs and make the cross hairs go to the bullet hole you just made.

Again good stuff you post thaHooligan , keep it up.

To remove dents in a fuel tank on a motorcycle.. remove from bike .. drain and fill with water and freeze it.
keep an eye on the tank during this time as the dent will slowly be pushed out.. when it is done remove and thaw /flush with gas oil mix and put back together.
A guy that does Harley tanks told me that.. some with cutom paint and it usually does not even harm the paint job.
Of course if there are creases all bets are off.

Last edited:

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

here ya go, you can just right click and save it now if you want to.

Attachments

• shot location.jpg
    shot location.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 188
  • clicks2.jpg
    clicks2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 217

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
very good video.
What you said near the beginning will help a lot of people..I have had scopes that were backwards from what they had on them.

So to expand on what you stated earlier.
Shoot the gun ,, get it on paper.. then secure the gun so it does not move when you adjust the windage and elevation.
A steady rest or a lead sled or just a good bag.

Now with the shot on paper before you make any adjustments secure the gun and position the cross hairs on the aim point that you were using.
Now turn the adjustment knobs and make the cross hairs go to the bullet hole you just made.

Again good stuff you post thaHooligan , keep it up.

To remove dents in a fuel tank on a motorcycle.. remove from bike .. drain and fill with water and freeze it.
keep an eye on the tank during this time as the dent will slowly be pushed out.. when it is done remove and thaw /flush with gas oil mix and put back together.
A guy that does Harley tanks told me that.. some with cutom paint and it usually does not even harm the paint job.

thanks swamp! I thought about trying the ice in the tank trick a while back right after it happened. I took it to a paintless dent guy and he tried prying on it with his tools and said it didn't budge at all. lol. Ive just been riding it as is. I'm a little afraid to try the ice because I read that if its not watched closely, it could actually split the tank at any weak points and then it would be completely unusable. Ill probably just leave it the way it is for now and maybe find a used one on ebay at some point.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am with you use it as is ..You said it was for a learner for the kid.
He should have it all scared up by the time he figures everything out.

My kids destroyed the 2 stroke they learned on.. fairings and fenders and blinkers all wasted..
they recovered the seat once during that time..lot's of miles and all of them well worth it.. crashes and all.
You need to learn how to slide to a stop and learn how to abandon ship when it is warranted.
Too much fun.
The little 2 stroke always ran though.. might look terrible when the kids are finished but to me that is a non issue.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here ya go, you can just right click and save it now if you want to.
Thanks for the printouts, will put them to use next week.

Years ago I had a friend who got into serious motocross in the 250cc class. Finally worked up and bought a new bike. Shortly after fell and was slower and fell and broke his leg. While healing he got out a ball peen hammer and pecked up his new bike all over. He then went out and was very competitive. He thought he fell and broke his leg because he was being too careful and did not want to scratch up his "new" motorcycle. The next new motorcycle he bought, he came home and it got beat up before the first race. My friend became a real competitor.

Last edited:

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the printouts, will put them to use next week.

Years ago I had a friend who got into serious motocross in the 250cc class. Finally worked up and bought a new bike. Shortly after fell and was slower and fell and broke his leg. While healing he got out a ball peen hammer and pecked up his new bike all over. He then went out and was very competitive. He thought he fell and broke his leg because he was being too careful and did not want to scratch up his "new" motorcycle. The next new motorcycle he bought, he came home and it got beat up before the first race. My friend became a real competitor.

yea I totally understand that. I have an old 2000 f150 that I use for hunting and whatever else. its a little beat up, but keeps on runnin and does what its intended for. several times my wife and I have talked about getting a new, raised, extended cab, 4 wheel drive truck. they are nice and I would love to have one, BUT I always tell her the same thing. I would just baby it and probably be to scared to drive it hunting and out in the woods because I wouldn't want to scratch it up, so then what would be the point of having it? lol

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you think I would do this with my pickup bed?

Latest posts

Top Bottom