How tough are you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Under those circumstances and era I bet most of us would be, not so much now though lol.

This is the thing. It's all relative. My grandparents on my mom's side were migrant farmers during the Depression. My grandmother had my uncle on a cot in a tent with a dirt floor with no medical care, got up, swaddled her newborn and returned to the field to finish her pick for the day. I had my second child in veritable luxury compared to Grandma's experience at 1:00 in the afternoon and was back at work at 9:00 the next morning. (I was the only one who knew how to do payroll. Again, hardly "work" compared to what my grandmother went thru.) I have a co-worker who is pregnant with her first child now. She is due in January. She is CONSTANTLY whining about how "growing this tiny human" is destroying her health and how much she has already sacrificed. (I can hardly wait until she goes into labor -- and then gets home and realizes she can't send her "tiny human" back to the nursery for someone else to care for when she's tired of messing with it.)

If our response to COVID does to the economy what I am afraid it's gonna do there are gonna be a LOT of people who learn pretty damn quickly that Americans, as a whole, are anything BUT tough any more.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well ........you did take a tree limb at terminal velocity ...... so far you as I can tell you might be the toughest person on OSA

I dunno about being THE toughest person here but I'm pretty sure I can hold my own. As long as you'll give me a second to get this back brace on ... :giveup::rotflmao:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
124200958_1635606023296234_4686185909575813298_n.jpg

Bucks, Bulls & Bears

You may be tough, but are you - Sleep in a log, kill a deer, hack off a hind leg, cook it over a campfire, eat it with a pocketknife - tough?
Do you think that guy would exchange his way of life for ours? I doubt it, peace, quiet, no social media ......

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you think that guy would exchange his way of life for ours? I doubt it, peace, quiet, no social media ......

No antibiotics or smallpox vaccine.....
Making it to age 50 is an accomplishment
Simple Strep throat can put you in the grave, but the deal breaker for me is no golf courses. No thanks:)

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll bet that guy said, "Score!!!" when he found that hollow log --- or, at least, that era's appropriate catch-phrase.

People now-a-days don't realize how little it really takes to be happy. You just have to decide to be happy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom