How weird is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We called them rat shot. As a kid, we used those rounds when rooting around the hay barns. If I remember, pattern was pretty tight at 10 yrds through long gun, but wide enough to get a hit on a moving rat or snake.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_20210423_220456441.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the rat shot on wood bees around the soffits of the barn. Red neck trap shoot I call it.
There are some .22 rf rifles that are smooth bore called garden guns that hold a tighter pattern vs a rifled barrel that slings lead everywhere.
Center fire guns offer components so one can reload their own shot shells.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the rat shot on wood bees around the soffits of the barn. Red neck trap shoot I call it.
There are some .22 rf rifles that are smooth bore called garden guns that hold a tighter pattern vs a rifled barrel that slings lead everywhere.
Center fire guns offer components so one can reload their own shot shells.

I've never tried it, but I'll bet shot shells loaded with what is called 'lead dust' ought to work well on small hornet nests. It's thousands of very small pellets, not really 'dust'. It comes to around 4,000 pellets per ounce.

Woody

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never tried it, but I'll bet shot shells loaded with what is called 'lead dust' ought to work well on small hornet nests. It's thousands of very small pellets, not really 'dust'. It comes to around 4,000 pellets per ounce.

Woody

I’ve never heard of lead dust. I have lots of Speer pistol caliber shot shell capsules for reloading.
Where would one find this product?

Latest posts

Top Bottom