how would you get out of this city or would you stay ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Third, think of not only what you can get, but also in terms of what you can contribute to a group that you might be a member of, or any landowner who permits you to stay on his property. This can be skills, or supplies.

Real skills too...not "I have a franken-AR and took some classes at USSA so I can be securitayyy".

peace2554

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't have to worry about keeping a fire going. I'm a wood choppin son of a B! Personally I laugh at 5.56 but please. Let's not go down that road. Oh and that's laugh at it when I made my choice for ultimate battle rifle. Not laugh if it was pointed at me

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gerhard1 thanks. Nice response. Everyone else. Myquestions. Not the first question that was my original post!!!! But.....if **** goes south. Why couldn't we all pull together like the nation did in world war two.. why are we all automatically set on the thought that everyone is going to be killing eachother. Why would a shtf/wrol type situation become a civil war/unrest??? And seriously people if you don't understand the question or can't read it just don't anser ok.. this isn't English class kids. Smh

Demographics have changed. Melting pot is no longer hot, groups are already divided. Want to see how it'll break down? Look at a prison. Humans with all material wealth and resources removed, all in basically the same sorry boat.
I'd stay as long as possible, then vacate to predetermined place. (with all my stuff in my tactical pickup)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Demographics have changed. Melting pot is no longer hot, groups are already divided. Want to see how it'll break down? Look at a prison. Humans with all material wealth and resources removed, all in basically the same sorry boat.
I'd stay as long as possible, then vacate to predetermined place. (with all my stuff in my tactical pickup)

Demographics have changed for sure, but there have always been the haves and have nots. Honestly, I think that when people become desperate people do desperate things. In the end, no man is an island -- well, unless he lives, literally, on an island by himself. Wherever you are, you are eventually gonna run into people, or people are gonna run into you. You can't just kill and eat all of them ...

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Demographics have changed for sure, but there have always been the haves and have nots. Honestly, I think that when people become desperate people do desperate things. In the end, no man is an island -- well, unless he lives, literally, on an island by himself. Wherever you are, you are eventually gonna run into people, or people are gonna run into you. You can't just kill and eat all of them ...

I agree, - my point is - people will segregate themselves into groups. Those groups will be competing for what little resources are available.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, - my point is - people will segregate themselves into groups. Those groups will be competing for what little resources are available.

Without a doubt. And after a little squabbling here and there, they will, for the most part, do like they do now -- stay in their own little territories. Yet another reason why leaving home and becoming essentially a refugee (if you have no pre-defined destination to go to) makes no sense at all.

I've said for a long time (and after some extensive **GASP** personal experience that folks are gonna be better off staying home (provided home is still standing) and working with the neighbors they have to secure their neighborhood and work as a unit, as opposed to striking out with the bazillon other "preppers/survivalists" out there whose game plan is to become nomads.

In many instances, suburban neighborhoods are gonna be easier to maintain and protect than those country boys' acreages, even without utilities, in part because so many of the city kids think they gonna go to the country to "live off the land" ... :naughty: Think about it. A suburban neighborhood that is proximate to decent wooded areas, leased farmed lots and city water sources (several of them) but is easily closed off from all sides by blocking off streets and fortfying already existing fencing that can be regularly patrolled by the 18 families living on that block is gonna be a lot easier to defend than a huge section lines with only a few families living between them -- even if those families are huge.

Additionally, if certain neighbors were so inclined and already had substantial gardens in their back yards and a few small livestock pens here and there :lookaroun for chickens and rabbits ... and maybe a guinea or 4 because the other neighbors didn't mind the noise ... :anyone: And what if a couple of those neighbors were plotting to turn their front yards into edible landscaping to increase their food production? :anyone:

I mean, seriously, there are always advantages and disadvantages to ANY location. Where people get into trouble is they stick with the traditional thinking of if you are in the city you have to get out and if you are in the country you are good ... You need to be brutally honest in your assessment of your situation in order to improve it. That means focusing on the negatives instead of the positives of your given situation and doing what you can to improve them, regardless of where you are. To do anything less is a disservice to those you love and care about.

peace2554

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What have I done to be banned moneybags ? Tell me that. I have had people here tell me if I had to leave my home and seek safety. In so little words that I would be killed and my dog would be barbecued and eaten . Maybe those people need banned. Banned from calling themselves human beings and banned from Oklahoma shooters forumn and banned from existing period because if people like that are the people we are all going to have to deal with IF the shtf then I honestly don't want anything to do with none of it. I am perfectly content with keeping my questions to myself. Two minds are better than one. Simply wanted to ask opinions and have a view of how the rest of people think about it. I realise I'm a newby to this forum. I see that you all have been ob here for years. That doesn't make anyone better than anyone at anything and has no relavance to the question that I posted. I have enjoyed this entire thread. And I have heard some great opinions and ideas. I would like to continue to hear and learn more. But if anything I have said earns me the right to be banned. No skin off my back. I beleave in honesty and saying how you truly feel and not beating around the bush as the.saying goes.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What have I done to be banned moneybags ? Tell me that. I have had people here tell me if I had to leave my home and seek safety. In so little words that I would be killed and my dog would be barbecued and eaten . Maybe those people need banned. Banned from calling themselves human beings and banned from Oklahoma shooters forumn and banned from existing period because if people like that are the people we are all going to have to deal with IF the shtf then I honestly don't want anything to do with none of it. I am perfectly content with keeping my questions to myself. Two minds are better than one. Simply wanted to ask opinions and have a view of how the rest of people think about it. I realise I'm a newby to this forum. I see that you all have been ob here for years. That doesn't make anyone better than anyone at anything and has no relavance to the question that I posted. I have enjoyed this entire thread. And I have heard some great opinions and ideas. I would like to continue to hear and learn more. But if anything I have said earns me the right to be banned. No skin off my back. I beleave in honesty and saying how you truly feel and not beating around the bush as the.saying goes.

Not biting, grand pa.

Latest posts

Top Bottom