Howdy from Stillwater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nineisfine

Marksman
Reaction score
After lurking for a few months, I thought I should finally join and participate.

Despite being over 50, I'm relatively new to shooting. Took a CCW class earlier this year and should receive my license within a few days according to yesterday's OSBI reply! (Sorta' excited about that - am I the only who thinks it's like getting your very first drivers license? Makes sense I suppose - both represent 'freedom'. :) )

My very first firearm purchase ever was last April - a Glock 19 G4. My second - a Ruger 10/22 just last Monday! So far, I've put around 500 rounds through the Glock and love it! Haven't shot the 10/22 yet ... I actually have ammo (9mm and 22lr), but finding a place to shoot around here is a bit of a challenge. Camo Corner out on 51 is doable, if not a little lacking in amenities the last time I was there ... but it's cheap. I also used the range at Heartland in Edmond once - nice place but I learned that I prefer an outdoor range.

Not sure what prompted me to get into shooting and firearms so late in life, but I think I finally realized the government trying to tell me I can't have something may have had something to do with it. I see one of those "evil" black rifles in my future. Baby steps ... lol

Anyway, this seems like a great place. Lots of good folks and I've already learned a ton from you all - hope to learn lots more.

Thanks for having me ...

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome! I lived and worked in Stillwater in the 80s and 90s. Some good times there.

The 19 is a great first gun. And my 10/22s are some of my favorite guns to shoot. Great choices!

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome, those happen to be my two favorites, the 9mm and 10/22. Actually the 10/22 is a family favorite, wife and kids love it.
I'm late to the shooting scene too, 6 yrs overseas. These guys and girls are awesome. I've learned a lot from them, good decision to become a member.

Latest posts

Top Bottom