How's everybody's garden doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To this day, I still shake the milk when I get it out of the fridge, to stir up the cream. LOL!

:P I thought I was the only one. GC thinks I'm nuts. My grandpa owned a dairy and then, when we moved to Talequah, we lived "next door" to a guy who owned a dairy. THEN after we moved to Duncan, my dad would barter for services sometimes and we'd get all kinds of stuff that way.

I didn't drink store-bought milk until I started 1st grade. I thought it was rotten ... tasted like the plastic cardboard carton it came in ... lol ... I remember the teacher talking to my mom about my "very disconcerting stubborn streak" that "needed to be dealt with" ... Jeez ... my mom sure took that well ... :lookaroun Beat me like a redheaded stepchild ... After that I paid another kid in class a nickel or a dime ... or a quarter (whatever I could steal outta my mom's purse ... :naughty:) to drink my milk for me when the teacher wasn't looking ...

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last nights dinner, fresh from the garden:

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2516.JPG

and more tomatoes were ready.

IMG_2520.JPG

Time for some tomato sandwiches.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love grilled yellow squash.

Saw a cooking segment the other day when they grilled watermelon. I've gotta try this.

Green tomato's grill very well after marinating in Italian salad dressing.

I'm getting ready to pick some green ones and go to the grill with them this week.

JEEPr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I have a small garden. This is the first one we have done. Decided to do 2 raised beds 2'Wx6'Lx1'H We planted 2 kinds of watermelon, squash, musk melon, 5 or so variety of tomatoes, 4 kinds of bell peppers, and 2 kinds of cucumbers... We also got 2 blueberry bushes planted in the corner of the yard.... Well the tomatoes took off like gang busters, which put the peppers in complete shade so the peppers haven't produced anything. finally got a couple watermelon going but don't know if they will survive. Had one musk melon but I checked the other day and it was the size of a grape but the branch feeding it was dying and so was the fruit. Cucumbers were going strong, but the ones high on the vine started dying. We have a few left. Only got 1 squash so far. Tomatoes are producing well... This has been a learning curve for sure. I am in a loosing war with ants and aphids right now all over the watermelon. We heard lady bugs would help control the aphids, but after putting some in the garden It didn't make a dent. I'm gonna try soap and water later. Really enjoy the garden.

Latest posts

Top Bottom