How's everybody's garden doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First season in the raised beds are not going so well, I tell my wife every year to spread things out more and she won't listen. Potatoes are done and didn't get very big, onions are doing ok but still small. The little salad tomatoes are doing very well, the other kinds are coming along slowly. Had to pull the squash due to bugs in the stalks, cuccumbers haven't made yet either.

Might have to do away with the raised beds next year, just gotta build some kind of barrier to keep my big dog from pissing on everything.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we are just going to let the rest of it go. We may pull off some more okra and tomatoes, we will eventually pick the pumpkins, and I plan to pick the sweet potates later but for the most part we are done......This is for the most part the last of it.

squash.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Officially the year of the biggest tomato's I've ever grown.

Given away dozens in this last week bigger than my hand. Have to be a pound each.

Make a great blt. One 3/4" slice, and it's outside the bread.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_04_3anedegy.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeez, those are giants!

We've gotten more tomatoes than we can give away to the neighbors. But most of ours are golf-ball to racquetball size.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grrrrr..........thought I'd poisoned all the rats eating my 'maters..............now they are eating and hauling off the poison I've been wiring to the fence! Storing the good stuff for winter I'm guessing! Did manage to tap one in the brain pan with a .22 hollow point yesterday morning......... :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did a garden dinner tonight. Other than a few spices, all came from the garden.

Stuffed jalepenos
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_11_va4utepu.jpg

Just before eating
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_11_vysu7uva.jpg

Salsa from the garden:
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_11_eruzyvu8.jpg

Must have tool for salsa.
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_08_11_e2a4y9e7.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom