How's everybody's garden doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lots of 100 plus degree days got the tomato plants. Grasshoppers killed all pumpkin and bean plants as they were coming up they are the tender leaf. Only thing survived is watermelon.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of 100 plus degree days got the tomato plants. Grasshoppers killed all pumpkin and bean plants as they were coming up they are the tender leaf. Only thing survived is watermelon.
Barely hitting 100 here and my green beans are having a party it seems. Tomatoes still going 100% as long as I water them. Peppers and eggplant love the hot also. Okra just now starting to produce.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Barely hitting 100 here and my green beans are having a party it seems. Tomatoes still going 100% as long as I water them. Peppers and eggplant love the hot also. Okra just now starting to produce.

Next yr I'm gonna try okra. I do like them pickled and fried.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just yanked out the tomato plants this morning. I'm tickled to death that I actually got tomatoes ...

I put some spinach and cabbage in for a fall garden. Some radishes too.

I ordered some Chicago Hardy figs to plant this fall. Hope I can get them through the winter.

Perennial plantings interest me a whole lot more than this seasonal stuff, it seems ...

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oooo I love figs, I need to plant some radishes. I still have tomatoes on the vine and that little teeny tomato plant is a production factory, seriously Ive just been letting the birds have some. I have tons of seed from them but prob wont even need to plant they reseed themselves pretty well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need some help!

Picked 61 tomato's this weekend. I'll bet there is 3X that many getting ready with blooms everywhere. :D

One of our members at the range runs the John 3:16 shelter in town.

Guess I'll call him to see if they can accept them as a donation.

Got three dozen bell peppers too. They freeze well though.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_08_24_3c21f09e07adb1750264dd607b55c42b.jpg

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need some help!

Picked 61 tomato's this weekend. I'll bet there is 3X that many getting ready with blooms everywhere. :D

One of our members at the range runs the John 3:16 shelter in town.

Guess I'll call him to see if they can accept them as a donation.

Got three dozen bell peppers too. They freeze well though.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_08_24_3c21f09e07adb1750264dd607b55c42b.jpg
Tomatoes freeze fine. Blanch them and the peel slides right off. 1/4 them and put em in freezer bags for cooking with this winter. Its pretty easy to do. Takes like 2-3 minutes in boiling water, then dump them in ice water, then peel.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm about done with my garden for this year, my wife got pregnant and doesn't want to pick and water anymore. Most of the garden is tomatoes, and I don't even eat tomatoes. So I'm about to pull it and prep for next season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom