HSGI AO/double decker for active shooter rig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcpd381

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being in law enforcement and with all the hype of "active shooter" bags, I was considering the HSGI AO/double decker chest rig.

Im looking for any feedback about any active shooter bags or the HSGI rig..........

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any HSGI gear in person. I use the Eagle/SKD universal chest rig and love it. It has room for 8 AR mags and 4 double stack pistol mags plus two columns of MOLLE at each end for a blowout/GSW/IFAK, dump pouch, water etc. The AR mag pouches on the ends have a strap and will hold a Glock or 1911 with weapon mounted light quite nicely. I left the right AR pouch empty for a spare Glock and the right two pistol mag pouches hold a Surefire G2 and a Leatherman's tool. So my basic loadout in my chest rig is an IFAK, 6-30rd AR mags, 2-15rd Glock mags, a G2, multi tool and a spare Glock. I will probably add another small IFAK soon. The rig carries well, and hold close to the body out of the way. I can't reccomend it enough.

I have a buddy that keeps a 5.11 bail out bag. It's nice and all, but it carries too much stuff. You will end up putting more stuff in than you need and it weighs you down. It flops around a bit too when running etc. It's a nice active shooter bag, but IMHO the Eagle/SKD rig is a better option. I think a simple quality plate carrier with level III or IV plates in front/back and mags and an IFAK might be an even better option. The plate carrier/plates can get pricey though.

dcpd381

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an DBT Predator vest that will eventually be outfitted the way I would like but like you said armor is not cheap. I like the double decker taco mag pouches that HSGI have put out. I could get the AO/Double decker rig and eventually take the mag pouches off of the AO and put them on my vest.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an Eagle/SKD Tac chest rig. It was pretty good. Held the mags secure and was a good fit even for my small frame. It was a bit if a hassle to throw it on.

Have you seen BCM's split front rig? It looks badass. I'd live to get one but the $175 price point is keeping me from it.

I've got 3 double decker TACO mag pouches in MultiCam from HSGI and they are awesome. I've never used them and will sell them if you're interested. I've put them in the classifieds but haven't sold them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom