Hummingbird 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two feeders hanging behind the house. I have seem one hummer and another bird, like a swallow but not, feeding on one feeder. The other feeder liquid goes down, but we never observe anything taking a drink.
My wife sees the hummers several times a day.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is good. I let mine go for about a week and then clean and replace the sugar / water mix. If I let it go much longer, I start getting a black mold or something growing in the feeder that seems to turn the birds off.
Thanks. That's what she says. We are just wasting sugar water, no hummers.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I saw our first one this evening. As I took the dogs out around 6 I saw a small bird zip off from the direction of our feeder to a tree. Bird was pretty tiny so I believe it was. The wife's pink flowers just bloomed the other day and the feeder is right above them.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two feeders hanging behind the house. I have seem one hummer and another bird, like a swallow but not, feeding on one feeder. The other feeder liquid goes down, but we never observe anything taking a drink.
My wife sees the hummers several times a day.

I’ve got honey bees battling the hummingbirds for one of my feeders. I’m not interfering - I like both [emoji3].

It gets real interesting when the male hummingbirds start to claim a feeder. I watched 2 fighting for several weeks last year. It was most impressive when one was on his back, a foot off the ground all the way across the backyard, with the other one in his face. Here is a picture of those two.

IMGP5652.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom