HXP ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Word is that the Greek HXP ammo available through CMP is going up about $20/can TODAY.

This is the last day they work before their Christmas break.

E-store still has it at $98.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm receiving my last order of ammo for the year, today. Some people are saying they can't place ammo orders today, but you can try. Also, the CMP folks are out starting today and won't be back till after the first.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone just made a point on the CMP forum - this price increase may be a sign the CMP is running out of ammo. If you see clipped ammo in spam cans in the e-store or the physical stores, that'll be the end of the ammo supply. Wish I'd stacked it more deeply when it was about 28 cents a round, but I'll be OK for a while till I have to learn how to reload :wink2:

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading the two threads on the subject on the CMP forum are either hilarious or depressing, depending on how you wish to view the motivations of the folks complaining about the price increase.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably jacking it up because they finally realized some folks are buying it in bulk simply to resell it...just like they were doing with Garands and parts.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably jacking it up because they finally realized some folks are buying it in bulk simply to resell it...just like they were doing with Garands and parts.

Oh, the CMP has known for years that resellers were cashing in on the cheap HXP (and LC when that was available) for profit, which is partly why they instituted the 10 can per year limit a couple years back. Prior to that, buyers were backing up trailers and parcel trucks to the CMP loading dock for the ammo. Some of that went to clubs and shooting matches, but not all, which somewhat defeated the CMP's purpose of promoting marksmanship. For a while the CMP's stance was to sell the ammo regardless of where it went, since it involved less paperwork and manpower for them to sell 1,000 cans to one person than 1 can each to 1,000 people, but I believe they finally gave in to pressure and enacted these measures to curb the flipping. And to stretch out their dwindling supply of ammo to encourage the sales of their M1 Garands, I'd think.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True enough.

What kind of parts were guys buying in bulk that resulted in their most recent moratorium on parts purchases?

Latest posts

Top Bottom