I’m in love! GM edition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2019 4500HD 4x4 with a solid front axle, Duramax and Allison. What a thing of beauty!

AB927222-EEE1-4577-AEB3-A8557D850403.jpeg

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many gallons/mile is it good for?

My 2017 Duramax has averaged 17.8 mpg and that is manually calculated over the 7500 miles I’ve put on the truck. I suspect the slightly heavier truck would average about 16-17 mpg, if you stay out of the skinny pedal that is. The Duramax is very efficient and still produces 445 horsepower and 910 lbs ft of torque.

The problem with the mileage is the regeneration every 500 miles. The mpg will be rockin about 19-20 mpg then the regeneration kicks in and starts pumping fuel in the diesel particulate filter to clean it. This goes on for 20-30 miles and the mpg starts dropping like a rock. Only the EPA would think dumping fuel into the exhaust is good for the environment.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm....

I dunno, damn thing looks like a Peterbuilt in my review. You planning on moving your house - by yourself??? lol

It’s a daily driver, lol.

When the dealer’s sales guy ask me what kind of trailer I would be pulling with my 2017, I told him I had a 5x10 utility trailer and I was buying it to drive to work. He looked at my wife like something was wrong with me. I didn’t mention the car hauler or big boat.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s a daily driver, lol.

When the dealer’s sales guy ask me what kind of trailer I would be pulling with my 2017, I told him I had a 5x10 utility trailer and I was buying it to drive to work. He looked at my wife like something was wrong with me. I didn’t mention the car hauler or big boat.

Haha... why am I not suprised??? lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom