I don't understand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually won a chilli cook off with venison as the meat and did'nt reveal the ingredients until after the contest. Actually had people that had never tried it before wanting me to bring them some next time we processed. And by the way, keep the hotdogs away from my backstraps!

I did the BBQ circuit for a couple of years, and always used venison for my burger in the chile cook-off. Amazing how many people commented on the good flavor.

lameduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the switcheroo on my wife's family. They only eat soy and turkey burgers, which I cook for them while cussing under my breath. I refuse to buy it so they bring it with them and I toss it on with my MAN burgers. I was cooking deer burgers with no hog fat added and got the idea to sneak it to them and see what they said. After all the complements and comments on how lean and flavorful the turkey burgers were I let them in on the secret that they were eating 100% organic deer meet. They were surprisingly ok with it and asked me where I bought it so they could get some for their cookouts, that is when I pointed to the wall where my new mount was hanging. This is when they all got "sick" and did not want to talk about it anymore. Funny how stuff like that happens.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I've got no toelrance and no use for people that will happily chow down on a juicy T-bone but look down thier nose at a hunter. They can all kiss my backside.
Too many idiots have the attitude that if it didn't come from the supermarket it isn't fit to eat. If they saw how commercial food is processed they might never eat again.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While we're talking cooking here, I make a really lip-smacking deer-burger. To two pounds of ground venison, I add a packet of dry onion cup of soup mix. I add a little hickory smoke flavor or whatever BBQ sauce I have on hand, maybe a squirt of mustard, a generous sprinkling of cajun seasoning, and enough cayenne to give it a little kick. I don't have a whole lot of fat mixed in my meat, so I have to grill them in a fish basket. Any of you guys have any tips on making them stick together a little better? Would a raw egg help?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While we're talking cooking here, I make a really lip-smacking deer-burger. To two pounds of ground venison, I add a packet of dry onion cup of soup mix. I add a little hickory smoke flavor or whatever BBQ sauce I have on hand, maybe a squirt of mustard, a generous sprinkling of cajun seasoning, and enough cayenne to give it a little kick. I don't have a whole lot of fat mixed in my meat, so I have to grill them in a fish basket. Any of you guys have any tips on making them stick together a little better? Would a raw egg help?

A raw egg will do wonders helping keep them together. I like the rest of your recipe too. I might have to try that tonight. Only if I can be assured no animals were killed:faint:

TexasOkie

Marksman
Reaction score
I'm for PETA!

Attachments

• peta.JPG
    peta.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 170

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going into Hunting season this year, the deep freeze was empty. Then one morning heading to work I saw a lady hit a small buck. I stopped to see if she needed any help. As she got on her way I asked her if she wanted the deer. She looked at me like I was crazy. I called the sheriff and got permission to have it. Several people thought I was crazy for wanting roadkill, but I just wanted to bank on a sure thing putting meat in the freezer

Evan

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going into Hunting season this year, the deep freeze was empty. Then one morning heading to work I saw a lady hit a small buck. I stopped to see if she needed any help. As she got on her way I asked her if she wanted the deer. She looked at me like I was crazy. I called the sheriff and got permission to have it. Several people thought I was crazy for wanting roadkill, but I just wanted to bank on a sure thing putting meat in the freezer

Evan

Nothing wrong with that at all. I have seen several deer that were hit and then picked up, that had minor damage to the deer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom