I don't understand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damned ban mongers. I don't get how people want to ban something just because they don't like it. I don't like purple potatoes, should we ban them?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Too many idiots have the attitude that if it didn't come from the supermarket it isn't fit to eat. If they saw how commercial food is processed they might never eat again.

+1,i'm very careful how i handle the venison i process at the house.the neighbors might think we're a bunch of rednecks,but i'll bet the meat is as clean or cleaner than what they're eating.it also is leaner and healthier with no growth hormones added.you can't get any more organic than that!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too many idiots have the attitude that if it didn't come from the supermarket it isn't fit to eat. If they saw how commercial food is processed they might never eat again.

+1,i'm very careful how i handle the venison i process at the house.the neighbors might think we're a bunch of rednecks,but i'll bet the meat is as clean or cleaner than what they're eating.it also is leaner and healthier with no growth hormones added.you can't get any more organic than that!

+1000. First trip after the kill is to a convience store to totally pack in ice. Then go check it in. It doesn't take but an hour or so in early bow season for meat to spoil if not properly cooled. Later in the season when its cold, it can last the night if you can get to it early the next day before the predators find it.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got my latest issue of Shooting magazine, and there was a letter to the editor that commented of his dislike of dead animals in the articles, and wondered if they couldn't ban them? WTF?

I noticed that same letter. Even seen that attitude at the range I shoot at.
Divide and concur.

Michael

Bird1976

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's amazing how different people react. About 4 years ago on our way to New Mexico, my wife, who is new to hunting, saw a feed lot for the first time as we were driving. We ate nothing but deer and caught fish for about a week. She said "It'd be better if we hunted cows."

So yeah, if people saw where it came from, they wouldn't want it.

300WSM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grilled some backstrap tuesday evening from a young doe i killed and during dinner my wife asked me to not kill any more big deer, only get bambi... it was delicious

Latest posts

Top Bottom