I feel like Wilshire messed up with their space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last couple months they have been enforcing the 1 hour rule. I really like the range but 1 hour is just not enough. I can load my mags but getting my guns out, targets set up then taping them it takes some time if you shoot more than 100 rounds. If youre sighting in on the 35 or 100 and then want to shoot without a rest afterward forget about it... I think they should of devoted more to range and restaurant space as those are probably their two biggest money makers...

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only thing their range has going for them is the indoor 100yard. But I'm not ****ing paying hourly.

There is a simple solution. GO SHOOT AT FOULED BORE PRECISION!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last couple months they have been enforcing the 1 hour rule. I really like the range but 1 hour is just not enough. I can load my mags but getting my guns out, targets set up then taping them it takes some time if you shoot more than 100 rounds. If youre sighting in on the 35 or 100 and then want to shoot without a rest afterward forget about it... I think they should of devoted more to range and restaurant space as those are probably their two biggest money makers...

I agree, one hour isn't enough for me either. My range trips usually last at least 2 hours...I like to shoot the breeze with the RO's and the other folks shooting at the range too. Did you voice your displeasure with management at Wilshire? Telling us is one thing; telling them is another right? I go to Big Boys; no time limit, nice people, and a clean, well ventilated range to boot.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is Wilshire guns what used to be called Cold Hand Arms?

Sorry for the question.... I moved away from OKC about 6 years ago.

I don't think so. Wilshire Gun is an old produce warehouse on Wilshire.

www.wilshiregun.com

As to the OP's post .... I have always had exceptional customer service from Wilshire and never a problem running over on time on any of their ranges.

I have shot at a lot of ranges .... Wilshire is a great place to shoot.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, one hour isn't enough for me either. My range trips usually last at least 2 hours...I like to shoot the breeze with the RO's and the other folks shooting at the range too. Did you voice your displeasure with management at Wilshire? Telling us is one thing; telling them is another right? I go to Big Boys; no time limit, nice people, and a clean, well ventilated range to boot.
No I didnt, Also the ROs think I am idoit sometimes. Like today they had a staff member in my lane testing a gun or something. I said someone is in my lane and he said "Lane blah is all the way at the end" Like I didnt know how to read the numbers. One time the same guy had to change out the cardboard holder and rather than just go in get one he proceeded to follow me in there and look at it first rather than just bringing one in there...
These incidents have been spread out over 3 months I really like the range, it is the closest one to me. Every range has it's problems like check in for one, not one does it right. They all take too long while I am holding 15 pounds worth of guns and ammo... Not saying I have a solution but no since of urgency....

Idk, may just be being picky. Next time ill go out to hunting public ranges or my buddies land since the weather is now nice. Ill be sure to shoot an email or ask for a manager next time.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think so. Wilshire Gun is an old produce warehouse on Wilshire.

www.wilshiregun.com

As to the OP's post .... I have always had exceptional customer service from Wilshire and never a problem running over on time on any of their ranges.

I have shot at a lot of ranges .... Wilshire is a great place to shoot.
Maybe I have just gone at busy times by mistake. Last Thursday and today were just the ones that just annoyed me a little bit. Again just small complaints but still kind of annoyed me. Thursday I got off work early and went around 4 and had to wait 30 mins to shoot. Today I didnt have to wait but was rushed as they were enforcing the 1 hour rule and you cant buy more time either... Previous times I had small 5 minute waits or no waits at all but they started enforcing the rule I noticed when I was looking at stuff in the store or eating. Id become a member if they allowed members to go into the private 25 yard range if the regular ranges were full and there was no classes but sadly that isnt on the membership options.

Latest posts

Top Bottom