I feel like Wilshire messed up with their space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The best thing Wilshire's 100 yard range has going for it, is you can get a solid 100 yard zero on a rimfire rifle without the wind affecting your shots. I had my scope sighted in quick and spent the rest if the time trying to get single hole groups.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went day before yesterday, they cut me off at 1 hour, i asked if i could pay for another hour, they told me no, they had people waiting. there were 4 empty lanes and they had been empty during my hour too.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ammo is expensive enough without having to pay by the hour too.I usually go to Big boys and occasionally go to H&H.Quite a few ranges in Houston and Dallas charge by the hour and they can get away with it since there are so many people.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just go to Big Boys if I have to shoot indoors, which is most of the time. No hassles, no running me off after an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about Wilshire. It's great to have the indoor 100 yard range but when I was there (the only time) I was disappointed that the target camera was malfunctioning and the platform for you rest sucked. Thin plywood is not a sturdy when it sit's like a teeter totter. Hard to get stable with and without rest.
For the cost, and limited time you can shoot, I would expect better.
I will go back again because of the rifle range.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about Wilshire. It's great to have the indoor 100 yard range but when I was there (the only time) I was disappointed that the target camera was malfunctioning and the platform for you rest sucked. Thin plywood is not a sturdy when it sit's like a teeter totter. Hard to get stable with and without rest.
For the cost, and limited time you can shoot, I would expect better.
I will go back again because of the rifle range.
Yeah, I havent used the 100 yard range in a while. it was sooo cramped and the shooting tables werent designed for the bay they fit in. The camera system is useless when it does work unless youre shooting a 30 cal something with shoot and see target. I usually bring a camera with a good zoom or spotting scope. Back to the shooting tables. yeah kind of lame they dont have sandbags or sleds there. With a 1 hour time limit I dont want to be sitting guns in the range, then ammo then going back to my car to get a sled. Potentially 2 to 3 trips to get everything I need and all on the clock...

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They rent lead sled solo's (not my favorite) and again, the biggest issue is that flimsy plank across the regular shooters table is a POS. My scope could pick up my hits, and I did pretty good, but it took too much time getting settled and if you even touch the plank (that's what I'm calling it) your off paper.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They rent lead sled solo's (not my favorite) and again, the biggest issue is that flimsy plank across the regular shooters table is a POS. My scope could pick up my hits, and I did pretty good, but it took too much time getting settled and if you even touch the plank (that's what I'm calling it) your off paper.

Yea, their new benches suck worse than their old benches. But yes I will be back for the rifle range only. No gun buys or anything else, just the 100 yard range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom