I feel like Wilshire messed up with their space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In golf, they have different rules for when someone can drive a cart on the fairway. Maybe they should have a set of rules that are explained up front such as ... Not crowded today SO you can shoot for this $ per hour for "x" amount of time OR it is crowded today so we will be enforcing the one hour rule. Key is being up front and consistent with the rules so no one gets their biscuits bent.
That is a great idea! Because you never know what you are going to get. Or some type of online system that says when ranges are full that you can check on their website.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know about safety first? I use to live over by covell and would shoot there. Only went 4 times for the few months I was living there but man their turn over rate was high.
I don't recall either business enforcing a 1 hour rule. At least not when I was there, but either way both have closed their doors now.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told at Wilshire that the range time rental was for one hour. No one else in the rifle range at the time and since I was Shooting more than a buck a shot, not a problem.
If I had several guns (which I usually do) an hour would never cover.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told at Wilshire that the range time rental was for one hour. No one else in the rifle range at the time and since I was Shooting more than a buck a shot, not a problem.
If I had several guns (which I usually do) an hour would never cover.
I would think most people would bring at least 2 guns. Range time then just making time in your schedule is hard. You want to get the most out of it and an hour isnt long. That in wait times I may as well drive out to some public spots where I know ill be alone and can shoot as much as I want.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they closed
Not surprising... Hopefully more places dont follow. OKC has a pretty good gun culture and it would suck if these places consolidated. Im not bashing any of these places just would like a few minor improvements. Wilshire is the place I go almost exclusively because of how close it is.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not surprising... Hopefully more places dont follow. OKC has a pretty good gun culture and it would suck if these places consolidated. Im not bashing any of these places just would like a few minor improvements. Wilshire is the place I go almost exclusively because of how close it is.
i can see the corpse of Safety 1st/Heartland from my front porch, shot there a grand total of 3 times. Bought and sold a ton of firearms in their parking lot though.
If i have to go to a range my first pick is H&H unless is summertime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom