I finally found a range that has long range shooting not too far from OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just found out about this the other day and thought I'd share it with you guys since there's always someone looking for a range longer than 100 yards. I haven't actually been there yet but I plan too sometime soon. It's called Fouled Bore Precision Rifle Range and goes out to 1200 yards and has targets every 100 yards past 300. It's about a hour south of OKC in Ninnekah. They also have an AR/AK and pistol range. Cost is $30/day or $300 for a yearly membership.

I talked to the owner on Facebook and he seems like a pretty nice guy. At this time he only has a Facebook page, so for those of you who don't use Facebook, here's the contact info.

Fouled Bore Precision
737 County Road 1470
Ninnekah, OK
405-933-6395

Sounds like a great place to get ready for the next run and gun.

If anyone has already been there, maybe you can post some additional info.
FB link??

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I talked with him he wanted $500 for a yearly membership, has this changed?

Well he doesnt want to sell many memberships if he is changing prices. 500 makes no sense ... At least at 300 you save 60 bucks a year if you shoot once a month. That figure makes no sense unless he offers something along with it. You may as well buy the monthly rate if you only plan to shoot once a month.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man you can maintain a membership at OKC gun club for about $120 a year. I enjoyed shooting at fouled bore, but the price is a bit high. I would just like to see it become established before I buy in.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man you can maintain a membership at OKC gun club for about $120 a year. I enjoyed shooting at fouled bore, but the price is a bit high. I would just like to see it become established before I buy in.
Yeah that's the thing. You're paying a lot of money for and unestablished club. Also until someone makes a good distance range, long-range shooting won't be as big of a thing here. The market is it here yet. If the price is right that they listed. That seems a bit high.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems on the face of it to be high. But not many places in Oklahoma where you can get a measured 1200 hundred yard shot. Not many places where your BMG caliber can get uncased. I believe he has steel out 1200 from a hundred. I highly doubt it was all gifted. So when you actually think about it, how many of you would be actually able to buy a piece of AR 500 steel big enough to shoot at 1000 yds and place in your backyard range? I will be the first to admit it I don't. Second I don't have the means to even lift it. Third my range doesn't have a third of 1000 yds. So I will pony up my money and smile as I say thanks and I appreciate what you did. Some people...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems on the face of it to be high. But not many places in Oklahoma where you can get a measured 1200 hundred yard shot. Not many places where your BMG caliber can get uncased. I believe he has steel out 1200 from a hundred. I highly doubt it was all gifted. So when you actually think about it, how many of you would be actually able to buy a piece of AR 500 steel big enough to shoot at 1000 yds and place in your backyard range? I will be the first to admit it I don't. Second I don't have the means to even lift it. Third my range doesn't have a third of 1000 yds. So I will pony up my money and smile as I say thanks and I appreciate what you did. Some people...

There definitely is value but is a big enough market here for this range to sustain its self .

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably not or at least folks willing to give up the cash to play. The nearest to me is Grandfield or Grandview can't remember but it's called Badlands. Prior to this guy setting up services. I think it's great to have an opportunity to shoot past three hundred and not drive three hours to do it. My concern is how he prevents steel core ammo as that screws up targets really quickly.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The market is here, hell I shoot with roughly 40-60 guys once every month which costs $60 and go out with a handful between those outings. The problem is the cost of the hobby which can be EXTREME. Justin has a great range and is an awesome dude, but most of these guys seriously into shooting long range already have places to go or they live on their own range. I also seriously doubt he will let you shoot his steel with a 50bmg, but you never know. If someone is using steel core ammunition I feel they have no business shooting long range to begin with.

If you guys are on the fence take the drive and check it out, it is a nice place with extremely generous target sizes for the guys that want to take their rifles out for the weekend. For the serious shooters there are a handful of MOA targets to 1200 yards maybe 5 or 6. The positional targets are of good compromise in size as well. For most people the $30 range fee would only be a handful of times a year and it would not make sense to buy the $300 membership. For me I could make use of the $300 membership, but I already have places to practice so I may just stick to the $30 day fees.

He will also be hosting a match in May with a %50 pay back for those interested. Entry fee I think is $100.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I don't have a place to shoot past 200 yards without coordinating with other people and their friends or family, so $30 per day is worth it for me. Plus it includes an AR range with steel that you can't get here locally. I personally thought membership to OKC Gun Club was more than $120, but even if its that inexpensive, you can only shoot out to 600 yards and have to join as a member, they don't offer a day pass for non members. Plus Fouled Bore has teamed up Elite Two training and it looks like they're going to offer some pretty cool classes, for example a low light training class that will teach you to shoot at night. Not many places where you can do that.

While it may not be for everyone, I'm very excited about getting down there to shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom