i found out why mustang walmart doesnt have any ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it fascinating that no matter what the topic is, children are used to exemplify why someone's actions must be evil.
What if he was buying the ammunition to supply boy scouts working on merit badges?
Better yet, what if he was supplying ammunition to girl scouts?
Then those of us who wanted to buy the ammunition for our own selfish desires are now the bad guys.
Every time you squeeze the trigger you deprive a child of the experience of punching a hole in a paper target.

I'd make the argument that if he was buying the ammunition and selling it for a multiple of the retail price he was doing you a favor.
By depleting the available spending money of the people competing with you for ammunition doubling or more the price he lowers the available money they have to compete with you.
The long term implication is that the shortage will be over sooner.

Fortunately for me this is all academic. Someone on the internet told me that Obama might be elected again and if that happened bad things would happen to the gun and ammunition markets.
Foolishly I believed them and wasted my money last year on guns and ammunition.
Good thing for everyone else too, because now I have no real desire to compete for the currently available ammunition.
Well I'd probably buy more 22lr just to piss everyone off if I happen to find a box of it on the shelf.
After all I might need to trade someone a couple bricks of 22lr to get me some tamiflu or not......:hellno:

Have Blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to my Local Wally-world Sunday morning. They had 1 box of 9mm, so I bought it then did the rest of my shopping. Got home and took the ammo out of the bag. Noticed the tab on the box was torn. It was a 100-pack of Winchester white box. I was surprised to see the box was loose packed. . . . and seemed to not be full.

There were only 93 bullets in the 100-pack. I doubt it was Winchester's fault as the box tab was torn when I took it out of the bag.

Called the Store manager. He said he'd leave a $5 gift card for me at the service desk. So they made it right.... but they still have a problem.

gallk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I hit up my local WM this morning there were 7 people waiting and 4 of them were employees with name tags on. I was a little pissy at first because i think i had this thread on my mind but then I realized these are gun guys too. Legitimate, waiting in line gun guys. Not like the ********* in this thread.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it fascinating that no matter what the topic is, children are used to exemplify why someone's actions must be evil.
What if he was buying the ammunition to supply boy scouts working on merit badges?
Better yet, what if he was supplying ammunition to girl scouts?
Then those of us who wanted to buy the ammunition for our own selfish desires are now the bad guys.
Every time you squeeze the trigger you deprive a child of the experience of punching a hole in a paper target.

I'd make the argument that if he was buying the ammunition and selling it for a multiple of the retail price he was doing you a favor.
By depleting the available spending money of the people competing with you for ammunition doubling or more the price he lowers the available money they have to compete with you.
The long term implication is that the shortage will be over sooner.

Fortunately for me this is all academic. Someone on the internet told me that Obama might be elected again and if that happened bad things would happen to the gun and ammunition markets.
Foolishly I believed them and wasted my money last year on guns and ammunition.
Good thing for everyone else too, because now I have no real desire to compete for the currently available ammunition.
Well I'd probably buy more 22lr just to piss everyone off if I happen to find a box of it on the shelf.
After all I might need to trade someone a couple bricks of 22lr to get me some tamiflu or not......:hellno:

Lmfao. Perfect. I love it.

matt03Z06

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a manager at a Wal-Mart and I do buy ammo at my store on occasion, I try to buy most of my ammo at the other two store closest to me that I don't work at though. We always stock it in the evenings when it comes off the truck. I abide by the 3 box limit and I ONLY buy it after it has been stocked and is available to the customer to buy. I buy it after my scheduled time to get off, so if any is left I'll pick up a box or two. I don't set it aside or hold it for myself, if it sells before I am off work I don't get any.

Being that I can see exactly what comes in on the trucks for any store in the company, I know there is a store that gets in the 420rd 5.56 ammo cans weekly and it gets held in the back till certain people come and buy it, it never hits the shelves, I've seen it for myself when I wanted to purchase some. I also know of a store that gets AR15's in weekly but unless your on "the list", you will not get one, again they never get put on the shelves. Neither of these are my store, we only sell ammo and not guns.

Hi Power Okie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen the 420 rd. cans of 5.56mm at the West Side Norman Walmart show up as "in stock" more than a few times only to be told they didn't have any. Now Walmart has taken down the store availibilty on the link to the 420 rd. cans. Anyone else notice this? Why? Also went to Moore Walmart early Saturday after .22lr was showing in stock. The SG manager told me it was wrong and there was none. From the small bits of ammo I have been able to find at WM, I've noticed the online stock availibility to be fairly accurate. Isn't there a policy against short stocking by employees? How do these employees get away with this if they are holding stock for people on "a list"?

Latest posts

Top Bottom