I got Carjacked. . . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And mugged, assaulted while laying down and involved in a convience store robbery. You know how I handled myself? Lets just say I WON THE FIGHT. Thanks to the instructors at USSA.

This weekend I took CQT 240 at USSA. 2 days course that puts you in a better position to survive the encounters you would be more likely to face out on the street. Encounters that involved a human attacking you and not a 2D target placed at various distances from you.

I'm sore as can be, I had trouble getting out of my car after driving the 2 hours home last night. However, I wouldn't trade any of my pain for any minute decrease in the knowledge and understanding that I came away from this weekend with.

A little background on myself. I have gone through all of the classes that Will offers at H&H. I am very proficient in drawing a pistol and placing rounds on target at a rapid pace. However up until this weekend I could look you in the eyes and tell you I have no clue how I would handle a criminal assault. Sure distance is great, more distance is better. Distance with cover is even better.

What happens when you are distracted with a screaming 2 year old in the shopping cart as you are loading groceries in the car. What happens when you are sent to the store at 3am by the Mrs who is either sick and needs something or is tending to a sick kiddo that needs some pedialite and your situation awareness isn't as it would be at 12noon the same day. When you miss the cues and there is a guy on you or within arms reach of you about to shoot you or kick your A$$. I know have some skills and knowledge of what to do and how best to accomplish my goal. How about you.

What are you going to do when a guy sticks a gun in your back and demands your wallet. What are you going to do when there is a gun in your face telling you to give him the keys to the car you just strapped your 2 year old into the back seat. How will you handle yourself when its not your life but your childs life that could be put in danger by your potential action.

older video but you get the pointClick the link to get a small, very small, taste of what you will face.

Do not let your training stop at you putting rounds on target while standing on your feet vertically. Do not let your training stop at you thinking the only problem you will face is a jamb of your firearm. A simple tap rack might take to long to resolve your problem. Even going for a second gun could take to long.

This class cost more than I really cared to spend. I was lucky to get it at a discount when they offered their Black Friday sale in November. I think this weekend cost me just under $650.00 total. Class, lodging, gas and food. Excluding the shirts I bought. Every Penny was worth it.

I know money is tight for most of us. However This class is much cheaper than hospital bills or worse yet the cost of a funeral. Save any extra penny you have and get you some force on force training.

USSA CQT 240 worth every penny. I'll be back soon to retake the class and come away with even more knowlege. Well, At least I'll heal up first. Then I'll be back.

Dan

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two LEOs were in the class. One Trooper and one Officer from somewhere in Minnisota. I know both of them walked away with a different view on their jobs.

I should also add I was close to the youngest person in class at 28. I would guess that the oldest was in his 60's. Never think you are to old to take something out of this class. They did it with the rest of us same drills same hits.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good review!
The worst part about getting into this type of training is that it's extremely perishable. Regular training and review is a must.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what happened? How did it resolve? Glad you're ok! Did you wind up on the news?

No I shot their A$$es then got out of there.

Reread the post then watch the link and you will be 100% caught up.

Olyeller: Your statement is something Mike Brown stressed about a dozen times. He even ended our evaluation time with that statement. Short of going out and pissing off a bunch of people looking for fights. its going to take some research to find the best avenue to go to ensure these skills stay tuned. Ideally looking for that 10,000 hours of repetition on the same skill set.

One good thing is I can go back and take the class at half price anytime I want.

Although it would be fun to go the first time with a good friend/buddy. I don't think I would have gotten as much out of the class if I had that distraction present.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! That looks like a good class to take. I need to save up for something like that.

On a side note, it has to kinda suck to be one of the "assailants" in that class week in and week out. You know you're are going to get kicked, punched, arm barred and just about every other kind if beaten on every time you go to the "office". I know you get used to it, but still.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The look on some of their faces was priceless towards the end of the scenarios. Typically they rotated who got involved. gave them some time to recoupe.

Considering the background of each of the roll players. They get beat every day in some form or another.

I will say this. Some of the things they say is down right hilarious. The rest of it is what you would expect to hear from a guy hell bent on killing you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom