I got Carjacked. . . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotwire22

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is another post regarding this class from another person who attended it. I also placed a review of the course under that post.

I will say this... This course was an attitude changer for me. If you carry concelaed and think your going to quick draw your way out of a robbery or assault or mugging then you are living a fantasy. It will simply not happen the way you think it will. It is a dynamic, violent, quick encounter that good people cannot fathom. The mindset of the criminal is not the mindset of us good people.

I learned from this course that you don't start the fight with your pistol.... you might end the fight with it or allow yourself to flee with it but when you get suprised (and you WILL NOT see it coming) you have to FIGHT your way to it. And if you decide to go for it at the wrong time then you will lose it and perhaps have it used against you.

As far as a folder knife for defense? Use it to open boxes with. Because you will not get it out of your pocket and you certainly will not get it open.

I learned a lot in this class. I learned I can strike pretty well. I learned I am aggressive. I learned i am impatient. And I learned that I need some serious training in clinching/grappling and especially wrestling. So I take these things I learned and am going to pursue some training in them.

I would like to thank Mike Brown, Brandon Bennett, and Dave Pyle and the other role players for their hard work. They are an impressive bunch of people who bring a touch of humor to a serious class. They bring pressure to the point that you start to fail and then back it off in order to allow you to solve the problem and succeed. And from that you learn what works and what does not.

rmwolf

Marksman
Reaction score
Great post Dan. I am one of the "grey brothers." At 61 let me remind ya'll, you're never to old to rock and roll! I've now had 2 edged weapons and the CQT. Not boasting... This is how it is going to happen, so we may as well train to solve the problem. And just a reminder, not only do you get top instructors at USSA, but repeat classed are half price. This really helps preserve perishable skills. As always, good job Mike, Brandon, Dave, Shawn, Josh. Never had so much fun getting beat on!!! Train hard!

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great post Dan. I am one of the "grey brothers." At 61 let me remind ya'll, you're never to old to rock and roll! I've now had 2 edged weapons and the CQT. Not boasting... This is how it is going to happen, so we may as well train to solve the problem. And just a reminder, not only do you get top instructors at USSA, but repeat classed are half price. This really helps preserve perishable skills. As always, good job Mike, Brandon, Dave, Shawn, Josh. Never had so much fun getting beat on!!! Train hard!

You are a quality example of why there are few excuses not to avail yourself of this type of training.

Michael Brown

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great post guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can only echo what Mike and the others have said, Even if you think you cant, go do this training!!!! Mike and Brandon are very skilled instructors and the role players will taylor there actions to ones that you can prevail against yet give you all the real world experience you need to build on.

Kudos do all that have taken this class!!!!!!!

J-leblanc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds awesome! i hope to take that class in my near future. (once my bank account agrees) i feel the more training the better. Im very new to all of this but i want to learn all i can and more. I want to hammer in all the training while its new. that way its instinct. Thanks for the insight on a great class!

CGnTtown

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Freaking awesome post! I wanted to take that course already and now I really want to take it. That video was cool and superb choice of music. Those guys at USSA really have it going on and we are so lucky to have them right here in our own backyard. So many classes to take and so little time and money.

padaddytom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about us folks that use the parking permits? sometimes I think that my disability is an invitation to an attack. Like the weak and old in a herd are the first to get eaten. Where is this training facility? Sounds like a must do to me.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about us folks that use the parking permits? sometimes I think that my disability is an invitation to an attack. Like the weak and old in a herd are the first to get eaten. Where is this training facility? Sounds like a must do to me.

We're in Tulsa.

www.usshootingacademy.com

Come check us out and feel free to pm me if you have questions that the website does not answer.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom