I Guess Ex-Cops And Vets Are On The Fritz With This Administration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is a broad brush but I work with three former AF guys, all of them are Biden supporters. There are a couple cars that take near the same route as I do from work to home that have the AF wings and Biden/Harris decals on the window.
The Air Force is probably the most liberal branch of the all. I’m guessing because they’re more of a corporation than an actual engagement branch. Their policies and training are PC disturbing and slant heavily to the Democrat liberal side

cobra1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm ex airforce, '81 to '85 (joining saved my life) and I still love this joke....
Scorpion In Your Tent
Submitted by John Wear, USMC Vietnam Tanker

A man was conducting an All Service member briefing one day, and he posed the question: “What would you do if you found a scorpion in your tent?”

A Sailor said, “I’d step on it.”

A Soldier said, “I’d hit it with my boot.”

A Marine said, “I’d catch it, break the stinger off, and eat it.”

An Airman said, “I’d call room service and find out why there’s a damn tent in my room.”

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son was stationed at an AF base in Biloxi. He and a few dozen other Marines.

He said AF guys well, nevermind...

@SMS

LOL....yeah, almost 22 years and I've heard all the stereotypes. Usually from out of shape leg/REMF Army guys who never went outside the wire or squids that never got out of the belly of the boat except to swing from a chair to paint it LOL.

I worked with exactly one hard corps lib in my entire USAF career. He was actually a good LT and went on to become a F-16 pilot and then an F-16 Squadron Commander....we had some heated conversations while sweltering in the desert on the Western border of Iraq waiting for the invasion to kick off, and after we set up shop in Baghdad. I'd work for him again in a heartbeat.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe but...More than 140 people have been charged in connection with the rioting in the Capitol, for a variety of offenses. Some 27 have military backgrounds. 27 isn't a lot out of the 140 that were charged, according to NPR (if you can believe them) that one in five was an ex-military member. I just don't think it is right to label ex-cops and military as bad. That is pre-judging and detrimental to a lot of people. Twenty-seven out of the millions that have served??? BLM and Antifa are alright and acceptable but the ex-cops and veterans aren't? I think that we haven't heard the worst from this administration yet.
It's a sampling thing. What percentage of people storming the Capitol were military/leo connected --- lets say 20-25%. Now, what is the percentage of military/leos in the general US population. It's much less. So the sampling would indicate that the rate of radicalization, or the rate of people who would, at minimum, be predisposed to commit violence at/on the US Capitol is higher amongst military/LEO types than genpop.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a sampling thing. What percentage of people storming the Capitol were military/leo connected --- lets say 20-25%. Now, what is the percentage of military/leos in the general US population. It's much less. So the sampling would indicate that the rate of radicalization, or the rate of people who would, at minimum, be predisposed to commit violence at/on the US Capitol is higher amongst military/LEO types than genpop.

"rate of radicalization" lol.

Cops and soldiers having a tendency for violence? Crazy I tell ya.

Next thing you'll say is the same group has a higher rate of alcoholism and domestic abuse.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Take this from an Army vet that never saw combat, but has met quite a few combat veterans. Shoot, I grew up in a small town with a bunch of WWII vets, so that was my start in being educated. I've very damn few veterans, especially combat ones, that would want to engage in violence. There might be a few that would be slightly likely to instigate violence, but the vast majority would not want to see again what they saw in their past.

I'd be more concerned about a "keyboard commando" on a firearms forum than a veteran.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take this from an Army vet that never saw combat, but has met quite a few combat veterans. Shoot, I grew up in a small town with a bunch of WWII vets, so that was my start in being educated. I've very damn few veterans, especially combat ones, that would want to engage in violence. There might be a few that would be slightly likely to instigate violence, but the vast majority would not want to see again what they saw in their past.

I'd be more concerned about a "keyboard commando" on a firearms forum than a veteran.
I don't disagree with you... I think part of the concern is that because of the high percentage in the sample people see that as very troubling and would want to know the "why". This may come across wrong since I don't believe violence should be the answer, but one would hope that any given group military/leo in this case would not have a higher disposition towards it. The rate is what might be cause for alarm.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s because we had to put up with a lot of BS and live within an authoritarian system. That same crap is now coming out of Washington. The only difference is our military leadership cared about those they lead and were true leaders. The current Washington political establishment cares more about power and couldn’t give two sh*#s about the average Joe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom