I hate being that "special person"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WTF is up with Attwood's policy of when you buy ammunition, they have to march you up to the special services desk and check you out there instead of the normal check out?

Even wallyworld checks you out at the sporting goods counter, and off you go to do whatever shopping you want to do? At least they have a sign at the sporting goods counter that says to keep your weapons holstered. That's a plus.

ocphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if that is new policy for all of atwoods or just that store. Last time I got some here in Enid they just handed it to me and I checked out at regular register, but that has been awhile.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if that is new policy for all of atwoods or just that store. Last time I got some here in Enid they just handed it to me and I checked out at regular register, but that has been awhile.

I'll ask next time. I met the manager of that department, and she allowed me to put business cards and flyers about the Ponca rifle and pistol club on the counter after talking to her.

She didn't realize this club has been here for around 50 years, and said she had people tell her they would like to buy a gun but had no where to shoot it. Now they know that is not the case.

I've been amazed at how many folks don't know this club exists, and the amazing range we have.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought 20 boxes yesterday, loaded them in the basket and did my usual shopping. Paid for everything at one of the registers and nobody said a word. Must be set policies for each individual store. Even carrying a cocked and locked 1911, they never say a word at any of the Atwoods...

Latest posts

Top Bottom