I hate red dots, change my mind - Colin Noir

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats the longest video of his I think I have ever made it through. I am not crazy about red dots on pistols. Pretty much what he talks about in the first few minutes. I think its just habit of wanting to see that front sight. Also I do the same thing he said I watch that dot float all over the damn place and then loose focus on my trigger pull.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've pretty much converted to most handguns and rimfire rifles with red dots.
We had a thread about them recently about which dot was the best with a lot of great discussion.
The thing Colin and others had about a new shooter with a red dot is correct. Its an exercise in personal training to be able to use them with reliability.
Iron sights are much closer to the bore axis than dot sights are so it requires a different grip at the presentation to acquire the dot that is higher above the bore. New dot owners do have issues acquiring the dot. It feels uncomfortable at first because you have to roll the muzzle down vs your irons grip.
Dry fire practice at the house will bring on the right sight picture at the draw. Once you get it down, its not something that will stay with you forever. Practice, practice, practice.
Just an FYI the fastest competition shooters in the open class of USPSA typically run dots on their multi thousand dollar pistols.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are they legal for hunting? Thanks no they might help those to have trouble with sight picture.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom