I hate red dots, change my mind - Colin Noir

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've learned to like them a lot. As you can see, I said like, not love. I feel like I'll love them a lot very soon though. I feel when you're solid fundamentally with handguns, adding an RDS will only make shooting that much easier. RDS don't make you a better shooter by any means, but learning how to shoot better utilizing the RDS with a not so skilled shooter will make you better, faster.

The great Vince O'Neill said that the secret to shooting is to keep your sights still while pressing the trigger. I also learned from Marshal Luton that speed is the elimination of excess movement. So less to do, makes you faster, which is exactly what an RDS does. With an RDS, it's just a smooth trigger pull, dot on target (while keeping a target/threat focus) and you're done. Economy of motion. Eliminating excess movement.

There's a reason why open gun shooters, who have a solid fundamental base of handguns, excel over iron sight shooters.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know LEOs who have red dots on their duty pistols? Has this become mainstream or 'accepted' enough to be allowed by departments?

I'm just curious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom