I have a confession.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheapshot, we/I need pics! No Browning Hi Powers were ever made in Argentina. FM (Argentina's military arsenal) did produce Hi Powers under license from FN of Belgium from 1969-1989. These were made on FN machinery, by workers trained by FN staff, but were manufactured entirely in Argentina. Earlier than 1969, FN of Belgium built and sold Browning Hi Powers to Argentina, and many of these turn up as police surplus guns. After 1989, the Argentines changed the design a little bit, and sold it's own unlicensed version of the BHP, known as the FM Model 90, or M90. In 1995, the Argentines tweaked the design a bit more and produced the M95. But again, no FN Brownings were ever made in Argentina.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Enjoy the weekend, off to the city.....

Attachments

• HP.JPG
    HP.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 163

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheapshot, based on the pic you posted (not your gun, but one like it I assume), you have one of the pistols that FM manufactured in Argentina under license from FN, sometime in the 1969-1989 time period. There is absolutely nothing wrong with one of these guns because they were built on machinery purchased from FN, made by workers trained and supervised by FN employees, and were made as exact, licensed copies of the FN/Browning Hi Power. They usually sport some sort of military phosphate finish--rather than the traditional BHP high polish blue--but they function every bit as well as an FN/Browning built pistol of the time.

I hope I did not come off as condescending--I meant nothing of the sort. I once owned a M90 built by FM in Argentina, and it was a fine pistol. As a bonus, your FM has 100% parts interchangeability with the FN/Browning Hi Power, since it was a licensed copy of the same. Enjoy your new pistol! As said, I had an M90 myself, and it was a wonderful pistol.

Last edited:

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
After a wonderful time in the city with my wife and discussing a competition calendar for this year, she pointed out that maybe I should just enjoy my hobby in private and therefore let others and their opinions alone. Therefore I shall now leave this exchange of ideas and theology in the hands of those better suited than I. Godspeed to you all.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No Sir, not at all. I simply found myself spending a bit too much time with "Gun envy". My old retired mind and wallet just are not on the same page. I certainly enjoy the education I receive on here, in comparison to some other boards this is a bit more technical. Your passion is shared and no man can be asked not to share that passion.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I also have been a fan of the 1911A1 since I got to hold my first one when I was about 12. A friend of my dad's brought his issued one( he was a Korean War vet, an brought his home) to one of my dad's Dove shoots. Then several times while in the Army I was issued one, and enjoyed every time we went to the range to qualify. By this time I had already started buying firearms, and had my on 1911. I had also owned several Browning HP's. My most recent, already four years old, is just a really fun one to shoot. You could almost call her boring while on the range. See picture for accuracy. This was shot at 25yds standing slow fire two handed. With her weight, and 9MM caliber, plus JMB design she's just a dream. Then again most Hi-Powers are like this.
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_d0b56f3d_8777fec531b5a5ba4f88d5649d57249385f.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom